Re Enabling an Excel button

dogfish

Writing an Excel Tutorial to teach basic formula.....

I need to protect the sheet which is fine as I have unlocked all the cells I want users to utilise.

!! Problem !!

One of the subjects I am covering is Autosum, inwhich I am telling the user what to do in the total cells in a pre determined table.

When the sheet is protected however the autosum toolbar function is greyed out although the function still works (Alt + = is ok)

I don't want to unprotect sheet but I do want the button available for the user....... There is a VB function where you can show buttons

Camandbars("autocalculate").reset

this doesnt work because the button is already there it just isn't active.

I could tell the user to click in the total box and press Alt and = but I'd rather not.

Help would be nice...... Thanks

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
<ul>[*]Easiest solution is to teach it using an unprotected worksheet.[*]I'm having no luck manually enabling the built-in AutoSum button using the Immediate Window in the VBE, so I'm thinking that you're going to have a tough time of that.[*]The only other option that occurs to me is to to create a copy of the button that looks like and functions like AutoSum, but is not a built-in. Depending on your level of VBA expertise, it may be a bit of a challenge to pull that one off.[/list]

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back