Re:- Text Format in Forums ---o00o---`(_)`---o00o---

Re: - Text Format in Forums ---o00o---`(_)`---o00o---

Peter,
. So I think I have it all now. (Quotes etc.) Took a while. Sorry!

. Also……………

. I did have a wild inexperienced guess that a right click might have given me extra option to do with the VBHTML Maker. So I did try that yesterday. But I had no extra options. I thought that was because I could not get past the Password stage. Today however, those options are there!!! Possibly because I have restarted my computer. Presumably then the VBHtmlMaker is simply “Locked” with this password to prevent people seeing wot is there. But as you say I appear not to need to know the password (or access macros in the project?), so I just ignore it and use the right click thing. I shall try to find the time to practice that today. I am grateful again for your help on this one.
. (Maybe there were some instructions for its use somewhere which I missed??)

. ……………………. Etc.

. I’ve sussed all that out, and indeed put it straight away into use yesterday, helping on the Forum replying to threads with full clearly written Codes using the HTML code maker to copy a code from excel into MrExcel Forum and keeping all the Formatting.
. That was the main thing I wanted to do from the outset. Like anything in computing it is incredibly easy when you know how, but a real pain when you do not. Hence the value of such a Forum where people like you give the benefit of your experience.

. So I think it was worth the effort, and thanks again for your help

Alan

. ...............right click might have given me extra option to do with the VBHTML Maker. .........................................
. (Maybe there were some instructions for its use somewhere which I missed??)

I think this is it:-

Ask Mr. Excel - VBA HTML Maker

Free Add-In to post VB code at the MrExcel Message Board from Excel
This free add-in will let you convert your Visual Basic code to an HTML "image" that looks the same way as in the VB Editor, that is, comments appear green, some words (Like Dim, Sub, As, End, etc.) appear blue to identify them. It will also mantain the indent level of the code................. One, the Tools menu of the VBE main bar, and two, to the right click popup menu of the code pane window. These four new controls are: "Convert selected code as HTML", " Convert current procedure as HTML", "Convert selected code as BB Code" and "Convert current procedure as BB Code". It will convert a selected portion of the code or the entire module if no selection has been made.

.... I should have read my own signiture below and tried to find
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/785192-html-maker.html

Log-in attempt count anomaly in Chrome Browser
Hi.
. This is not at all important, but I thought I would mention it in passing. Every time I try to log in I am told I have just used up one of my 5 attempts to log in, even before I type anything!!!! This is no problem usually as I have 5 attempts, so my first actual attempt is simply taken as the second. However if you log out and re log- in too quickly then at every attempt you use up one of your attempt so in effect can only log in and log out 4 times in a short period of time. Mostly one would not usually do that so it is no big problem. It can however be a problem if you try to have a few tabs open at once as you seem to need to log in again for every tab. (Strangely you only need to log out in any one tab and you are logged out everywhere!!). So you cannot prepare a few replies or new threads at the same time. Again you would not normally need to do this so it is no problem. I only noticed these things as my internet line is somewhat unreliable here and frequently “cuts me off” or crashes my computer, so occasionally I am forced to re-log in several times in a short period of time. (That is another reason why I tried initially to prepare my threads in word, then paste them Quickly into the forum), (http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/780464-re-text-format-forums-o00o-`-_-`-o00o-3.html? )
Alan
P.s. I do not have any of these problems with my old Internet Explorer 9 Browser, so i have a solution and am therefore just mentioning the problem out of interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dizze90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back