Refreshing PivotTables that use a SSAS OLAP cube data source

stuart321

Hi,

I have multiple PivotTables connected to a SSAS OLAP cube. I created these multiple PivotTables by starting with one PivotTable, then copying/pasting that PivotTable in the same worksheet to create the new PivotTables. I'm using Model F referenced in the following link: Pivottable data connection models - Pixcels.nl

When I run the code below:

Sub GetThePivotCacheInfo()
Dim pc As PivotCache
For Each pc In ThisWorkbook.PivotCaches
Debug.Print "QueryType: " & pc.QueryType & ", PivotCacheSourceType: " & pc.SourceType & ", PivotCacheIndex: " & pc.Index
Next pc
End Sub

I get a QueryType value of 5, PivotCacheSourceType value of 2, however the PivotCacheIndex is unique for each of these PivotTables. I would have expected the PivotTables to all be using the same PivotCache since I created the PivotTables by copying from a PivotTable (and all PivotTables are in the same worksheet).

My question is this... even though the PivotCache indexes are different for each of the PivotTables, will all the PivotTables get refreshed if I refresh just one of the PivotTables?

I believe the answer is yes, but I would like to confirm. (I think the answer is yes because if I leave the 'Autofit column widths on update' property on, I notice all the PivotTable column widths get adjusted with updating just one PivotTable.)

I appreciate any insight on this - Thanks!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back