Remove duplicates with blank cells in Column

Aqusmacro

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi I am using the following code found online.
It works well to match the columns I want but if a column is empty example column 3 and 6 it will not run
thanks

VBA Code:
Sub ZapDupes()
        Set Ws = Worksheets("transactions")       '<-- *** Change to actual sheet name ***
    With Ws.Range("A1").CurrentRegion
        .RemoveDuplicates Columns:=Array(1, 2, 4, 7), Header:=xlYes ' array is the number of total colomns in needs to check. Can remove columns not to check. If there are spaces between rows it will stop
    End With
End Sub

I'm slightly confused. Are you wanting to remove duplicates from the first row onwards for from row 24000?

The lines you added rely on your formatting being held in A-0 24000, which if delete could be lost.

I'm sure there's a better way but I'd probably look at coding the formatting as a separate procedurce and then call that so at lease you know your all rows have the correct formatting.
Hi I ran into a little snag. If I have something written in the last column memo on the last line I get an runtime error 13 type mismatch in the following line
lastCol = Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious)
Ii last line is empty all is good.

see screenshot sorry just installed office 365 and having trouble with installing Xl2BB getting a this file is not supported in protected view.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-31 091617.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-31 091617.png
    54 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hi I ran into a little snag. If I have something written in the last column memo on the last line I get an runtime error 13 type mismatch in the following line
lastCol = Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious)
Ii last line is empty all is good.

see screenshot sorry just installed office 365 and having trouble with installing Xl2BB getting a this file is not supported in protected view.
Think I fixed it If I remove
Dim lastRow As Long
Dim lastCol As Long

then it seems to work unless I do a copy paste of cell contents from a previously imported data in my memo column then it will give same error. But That I don't mind as hardly need to do that.
If I don't remove dim lastrow...then I get error as previously stated. If I do and write fresh data in all my columns including Memo Then it works.
I will do more testing but for now I will consider it resolved

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
remmuS24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back