Rent Bumps

chet645

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am putting together a cash flow schedule for a lease in a retail building. Per the lease, the tenant's rent escalates every 60 months. What I want is to create a reference in excel where every 60 months the formula will return a 1, otherwise the formula returns a 0. Does anyone know of an efficient way to do this? It would be especially helpful if the formula is dynamic enough to work when the escalation month changes (i.e. from every 60 mos. to every 12 mos.)?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Bryce

Hi,

I played around and derived the formula below for B4

=IF(TODAY()<EDATE(B3,(B1*B2)),ROUNDUP(B1-((B1*B2)-DATEDIF(TODAY(),EDATE(B3,(B1*B2)),"M")) p 12,0),?Lease Expired?)<>
Biz

=IF(TODAY()<EDATE(B3,(B1*B2)),ROUNDUP(B1-((B1*B2)-DATEDIF(TODAY(),EDATE(B3,(B1*B2)),"m"))/12,0),"Lease Expired")

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi,

Having problems posting formula. Please try link below
Biz

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The formula works for me and the table in post #5 shows that it gives a result, so it's something you're doing wrong, if you're trying to do something similar try starting your own thread with some information about what you're doing.

The main aim of this thread is to answer chet645's question, to which an answer has been provided which I will revise if needed, as I'm sure will JoeMo if chet645 indicates preference the solution they offered instead.

Upvote 0
I tried your formula and it does not work in Excel 2003.
=DATEDIF(TODAY(),LOOKUP(EDATE(TODAY(),B1),EDATE(B3,B1*ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&B2)))),"m")

Are you using Excel 2007 or 2010?

Biz

Upvote 0
I'm using 2007 but that's irrelevant, the formula is compatible with 2003, maybe it's just not compatible with what you're trying to do.

The formula works for me and the table in post #5 shows that it gives a result, so it's something you're doing wrong, if you're trying to do something similar try starting your own thread with some information about what you're doing.

The main aim of this thread is to answer chet645's question, to which an answer has been provided which I will revise if needed, as I'm sure will JoeMo if chet645 indicates preference the solution they offered instead.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jitesh_Sharma

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back