Replace old formula with new one in the code.

RAJESH1960

Banned for repeated rules violations
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello guys,
I need to replace the old formula in the code with this new formula. I need your expert help to guide me and tell me which lines to comment and which line I should enter the new formula. The old formula is in the below wrap code.
Rich (BB code):
        FormulaReplacementString1 = "MIN(SUM(IF(($C$2:$C$20000=C2)*(ABS(" & DSCol & "2-$" & DSCol & "$2:$" & _
                DSCol & "$20000)<=1)*($B$2:$B$20000=""PORTAL""),1,0)),SUM(IF(($C$2:$C$20000=C2)*(ABS(" & _
                DSCol & "2-$" & DSCol & "$2:$" & DSCol & "$20000)<=1)*($B$2:$B$20000=""TALLY""),1,0)))" ' Additional string to insert into formula
'
        With .Range(DestinationRemarksColumn & "2")
            .FormulaArray = "=IFERROR(IF(ROW(B2)<=SMALL(IF((ABS(" & DSCol & "2-$" & DSCol & "$2:$" & DSCol & _
                    "$20000)<=1)*(C2=$C$2:$C$20000)*(B2=$B$2:$B$20000),ROW($A$2:$A$20000),""""),xxxxxx)" & _
                    ",""Matched"",NA()),NA())"                                                          '   Formula to insert into 'Remarks' column
            .Replace "xxxxxx", FormulaReplacementString1, xlPart                                        '   Insert additional string into formula
        End With
'
The formula to be replaced is
Rich (BB code):
=  IF(SUM( (ABS(G2-$G$2:$G$23200)<=1) * (C2=$C$2:$C$23200) * ("Portal"=$B$2:$B$23200))  =  SUM( (ABS(G2-$G$2:$G$23200)<=1) * (C2=$C$2:$C$23200) * ("Tally"=$B$2:$B$23200)  ), "Matched",
    IF(SUM( (ABS(G2-$G$2:$G$23200)<=1) * (C2=$C$2:$C$23200) * ("Portal"=$B$2:$B$23200))  >  SUM( (ABS(G2-$G$2:$G$23200)<=1) * (C2=$C$2:$C$23200) * ("Tally"=$B$2:$B$23200)  ),
    IF(SUM( (ABS(G2-$G$2:$G2)<=1)   * (C2=$C$2:$C2)   * (B2=$B$2:$B2)        )  <= SUM( (ABS(G2-$G$2:$G$23200)<=1) * (C2=$C$2:$C$23200) * ("Tally"=$B$2:$B$23200)  ), "Matched", "Not Found"),
    IF(SUM( (ABS(G2-$G$2:$G$23200)<=1) * (C2=$C$2:$C$23200) * ("Tally"=$B$2:$B$23200) )   >  SUM( (ABS(G2-$G$2:$G$23200)<=1) * (C2=$C$2:$C$23200) * ("Portal"=$B$2:$B$23200) ),
    IF(SUM( (ABS(G2-$G$2:$G2)<=1)   * (C2=$C$2:$C2)   * (B2=$B$2:$B2)        )  <= SUM( (ABS(G2-$G$2:$G$23200)<=1) * (C2=$C$2:$C$23200) * ("Portal"=$B$2:$B$23200) ),"Matched", "Not Found"))))

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Did you try it?
Yes. I had forgotten to move these lines you told me yesterday. I corrected them and EUREKA.
Rich (BB code):
Call CheckSubTotal
'
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True                                                               ' Turn ScreenUpdating back on
        If Sheets("Mismatches").Range("B2") = "" Then
                    MsgBox "No MisMatches Found"

End If

Upvote 0
I was afraid whether it will take such a big formula or not. But all is well. It is solved now.
I chopped it up into many pieces to allow variable names to be used. That way it doesn't look so long in the vba code.

Upvote 0
I will never understand that part if I have to re create something alike that again.

Upvote 0
That is definitely not beginner VBA stuff. :) Excel is very picky on how you split up a formula like that.

Upvote 0
The formula was about 725 characters long, vba only allows array formulas up to 256 characters, so it had to be chopped up into smaller sections to get around that vba limitation. ;)

Upvote 0
This code needs a major operation - New query posted.

Upvote 0
Rich (BB code):
For Each ws In Worksheets                                                                       ' Loop through all worksheets in the workbook
        Select Case ws.Name
            Case Is = SourceSheet, DestinationSheet, "Conditions", "2B", "Matched", _
                    "Mismatches"                                                                    '       List of sheets to exclude
'               Skip these sheets
            Case Else                                                                               '       All other sheets ...
                Call GetDataFromDataSheet(ws.Name)                                                  '           Pass sheet name to the sub routine
        End Select
You think I should add Edited Portal and Sub Total in the list, If I run the code without deleting the old data. It will just overwrite the data right..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back