report not showing correct date values

ajm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
have a data set that reports on the number of claims made in a certain area. the raw data contains a posting date per claim. in a calculated field, this is used to create a weekending date field. our weekending day is always friday, so a weekending date of 23 July 2020 will have a weekending date of Friday, 24 July 2020. Ultimately, i am trying to produce a bar chart with number of claims by weekending date. so, for Axis, i have Claim Week ending (which is the calculated field) and values as Number of Claims. instead of using the Friday date specified in the Claim Week ending field, the data is shown with a Sunday weekending date. so, for that week mentioned above, the weekending 24 July is shown with the correct count but with the date 26 July as the Label for the x- axis.

If i right click on the label, and Show as table, i get a table with the correct Friday weekending dates. I am perplexed. How do i get these labels to display correctly?

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StorageQueen24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back