Reporting Help

mbrady1973

Hi, I was asked to create a report from a Sharepoint survey which is all well and good. The issue that I am having pertains to the way the data is structured and what is being asked.
I am pulling the data in using PowerQuery directly from Sharepoint. I have a link to a picture that shows the issue and the desired outcome.
As you will see in the first table it is structured in a way that makes it difficult for aggregating.
Does anyone have any idea how I can transform the data to look like table 2.
I'd really like to figure this out in the Sharepoint Survey but, I'm not skilled there at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fd7n9p8tmy86pbn/Survey_forMrExcel.PNG?dl=0

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
There are a few different ways to do this. What I recommend is first load the data into power query. Set this query so that it doesn't load. Then create a new query referencing the first query, right click and select reference. With this second query, delete the second completed by column, and rename the first completed by column to be simply "completed". Then start a third query by referencing the first query, delete the first completed column, and rename the second completed by column to also be "completed" Finally append queries two and three together.

If you want to learn how to use power query quickly and effectively, check out my online training Power Query for Excel and Power BI Online Training - Excelerator BI

Upvote 0
Matt...
Thank you so much. This method is perfect! Works perfect! I could NOT wrap my head around this but, now that you gave me a solution, it makes perfect sense.
Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCOACW

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back