Resolve value area on a SUM, IF and NETWORKDAYS.INTL formula combination returning a value error.

jessitarexcel

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
May I ask why I am getting a value error? I have checked the column formats and they are all as they should be, dates for dates, number for numbers and text for text. I think I am just too tired today to see something simple and thought I'd post in case anyone else out there was having the same issue.

Referred to DateReferred on DateInitial Case closure (date)Does Application have initial closure date?Closed Application Timeframes
DateDateDate=IF([@[Initial Case closure (date)]]="","In Progress","Closed")=SUM(IF([@[Does Application have initial closure date?]]="Closed",(NETWORKDAYS.INTL([@[Referred to PIU Date]],[@[Initial Case closure (date)]],1,('Public Holiday List'!B2:B11))),"In Progress"))

This is the formula that I am using that is having the value error. If the value in Does Application have initial case closure date is closed, it shows the value, but if it is In Progress, it shows a value error. I have tried changing "In Progress" in the formula below to another text reference, but it doesn't work. I thought there may be a circular error issue.

=SUM(IF([@[Does Application have initial closure date?]]="Closed",(NETWORKDAYS.INTL([@[Referred to PIU Date]],[@[Initial Case closure (date)]],1,('Public Holiday List'!B2:B11))),"In Progress"))

This is an example of the results below. None of this is real data. It is just test data to check the formulas before implementation.

Referred to PIU DateReferred on DateInitial Case closure (date)Does Application have initial closure date?Total Time between Referred to PIU Date and Initial Case Closure (All Days)Total Time between Referred to PIU Date and Initial Case Closure (Work Days including Public Holidays)Closed Application Timeframes
1/02/202315/03/202315/04/2023Closed735151
In Progress00#VALUE!
In Progress00#VALUE!
In Progress00#VALUE!
In Progress00#VALUE!
In Progress00#VALUE!
15/01/2023In Progress-44941-32100#VALUE!
In Progress00#VALUE!
In Progress00#VALUE!
In Progress00#VALUE!
In Progress00#VALUE!
28/02/2023In Progress-44985-32132#VALUE!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
You get the error because when the IF resolves as False you excecute a SUM("In Progress"), that is nonsense. If you remove SUM from the formula you get some meaningful results; but you said nothing about the expected result so I can't suggest anithing else

Upvote 0
Please disregard this entire post. It was a draft that wasn't intended to be posted. The answer is to remove the sum from the formula and it works as intended.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back