Restack Pivot Table question

ropebender

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a table that has a main KPI in the Rows section, and several month columns. I want to restack the Pivot Table so there is a KPI field, and a Month field. I remember we used to be able to do this on the old Excel, and later we had to use an Alt-Key combination to get to that section of Pivot Table options. But I haven't needed that option for ages, now I do, and I can't remember how to access it.

Any help?

Van!!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Can you mock up a picture showing what you have and what you want? All arrangements can be done through the Field list but I'm having trouble following what you want.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to restack the pivot table in orange to get the data in yellow. It used to be easy, but now I have forgotten how to get to the box with the appropriate choices.
1000003011.jpg

Upvote 0
If month is a field just drag it to the row area.

Upvote 0
And it's the same guy, I was on a different computer and forgot my login
Van!
If month is a field just drag it to the row area.
If it was, that would be easy. But it's not. The months are all separate fields in the source table, each one drug intro the values.

I put them into the pivot table because I knew there was a way I used to be able to use this trick with restarting a pivot table, and then now I forgot it😭.

I can't even remember what that box was called. It was Alt-n-p-something I think. I learned the trick on a Mr. Excel blog post back in the day.

Upvote 0
Multiple consolidation ranges. It’s easier to use power query though.

Upvote 0
I didn't think of power query! But you're right, Multiple consolidation ranges is the way I used to do it. Thanks for reminding me. But just in case, how do I get to the MCR choice now-or did the finally take it totally away? Meantime I'll dig out power query.

Thanks!
Van!!

Upvote 0
Alt + d + p was the shortcut, if I recall correctly. Not at a computer right now so I can’t check.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back