Retain copy position of a copied cell

htou

I cant believe how hard this is. Sorry if this is a noob'ish question but i just cant figure it out.

So i have a column of values with some values coloured via conditional formatting. I want to copy the non-coloured cells to the adjoining cell. So i filter the column for non-coloured cells and select visible cells only. I deactivate the filter and paste into the adjoining cell however the results dont "retain" the location of the copied cell.

Time for some examples -
<b>Excel 2010</b><table cellpadding="2.5px" rules="all" style=";background-color: #FFFFFF;border: 1px solid;border-collapse: collapse; border-color: #BBB"><colgroup><col width="25px" style="background-color: #DAE7F5" /><col /><col /></colgroup><thead><tr style=" background-color: #DAE7F5;text-align: center;color: #161120"><th></th><th>A</th><th>B</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">1</td><td style=";">Data</td><td style=";">Result of paste</td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">2</td><td style="text-align: right;;">12</td><td style="text-align: right;;">12</td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">3</td><td style="text-align: right;background-color: #FFFF00;;">13</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14</td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">4</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14</td><td style="text-align: right;;">16</td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">5</td><td style="text-align: right;background-color: #FFFF00;;">15</td><td style="text-align: right;;">19</td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">6</td><td style="text-align: right;;">16</td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">7</td><td style="text-align: right;background-color: #FFFF00;;">17</td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">8</td><td style="text-align: right;background-color: #FFFF00;;">18</td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">9</td><td style="text-align: right;;">19</td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td></tr></tbody></table><p style="width:3.6em;font-weight:bold;margin:0;padding:0.2em 0.6em 0.2em 0.5em;border: 1px solid #BBB;border-top:none;text-align: center;background-color: #DAE7F5;color: #161120">Sheet1</p><br /><br />
<b>Excel 2010</b><table cellpadding="2.5px" rules="all" style=";background-color: #FFFFFF;border: 1px solid;border-collapse: collapse; border-color: #BBB"><colgroup><col width="25px" style="background-color: #DAE7F5" /><col /><col /></colgroup><thead><tr style=" background-color: #DAE7F5;text-align: center;color: #161120"><th></th><th>A</th><th>B</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">1</td><td style=";">Data</td><td style=";">Paste results
im after</td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">2</td><td style="text-align: right;;">12</td><td style="text-align: right;;">12</td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">3</td><td style="text-align: right;background-color: #FFFF00;;">13</td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">4</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14</td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">5</td><td style="text-align: right;background-color: #FFFF00;;">15</td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">6</td><td style="text-align: right;;">16</td><td style="text-align: right;;">16</td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">7</td><td style="text-align: right;background-color: #FFFF00;;">17</td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">8</td><td style="text-align: right;background-color: #FFFF00;;">18</td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">9</td><td style="text-align: right;;">19</td><td style="text-align: right;;">19</td></tr></tbody></table><p style="width:3.6em;font-weight:bold;margin:0;padding:0.2em 0.6em 0.2em 0.5em;border: 1px solid #BBB;border-top:none;text-align: center;background-color: #DAE7F5;color: #161120">Sheet1</p><br /><br />

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.

htou

I was going about this the wrong way, my solution - copy all the data in Column A into Column B, filtered Column B based on colour, deleted results. Unfiltered the list and i had my result. Learning in Excel that there is more than one solution to a problem. Mods, feel free to delete thread. Thank you.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koboca

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back