Return a value based on the latest date

jwrightsd

Hello, I need to write a formula where I pull in the latest job information based on the date. I will run a report over several months (from 01/01/22 through 05/31/22) but want to pull the job code with the latest date in my raw data. For example, if I run the report from 01/01/22 through 05/31/22, I need to bring back the job code that corresponds to 05/31/22 since changed since 01/01/22 and do not want to pull in the 01/01/22 job code. Is there a way (I am using Excel 2016) to create a formula that will bring back the job. Any guidance you can provide would be wonderful. Thank you!!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
To help others understand what you want to do, a lot more detail is necessary. Where is the job information you want to pull in? How is that information structured? How would one know which parts of the information need to be pulled and which parts can be ignored? Where do you want the information placed? What is meant by "job code"? Which details do you want to specify in order to initiate the data extraction process?...and where would those details be located (is it a single cell, multiple cells in a column, multiple cells in a row?)

Upvote 0
In addition ..

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

.. and ..
MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back