bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I am creating a report where I am using the filter function to list the monthly deals that our reps close. I am using the XLookup function in another column to extract the customer name associated with the dollar amount.

Two customers, in 2 different months, closed business with us that have the same dollar amount. Since Xlookup & Vlookup only return the 1st match.

I am trying to find a formula which will extract 2 customers with the same dollar amount.

Duplicate Amount - different Customer.png

I have tried using the filter function but after I enter the formula it doesn't spill it just shows the formula (like it would appear without entering the "="sign).

Duplicate Amount - different Customer - formula shown only.png

Is there way to prevent the duplicate customer name from showing and showing the other customer with the same dollar amount?

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
to pull out the duplicate values
=FILTER(B2:B7,COUNTIF(B2:B7,B2:B7)>1)

not sure from image what range

and your filter is based on a cell value L3 - again not sure what that is doing from the image

Book11
ABCDEF
2customer 11customer 11
3customer 22customer 51
4customer 35customer 11
5customer 44
6customer 51
7customer 11
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E2:F4E2=FILTER(A2:B7,COUNTIF(B2:B7,B2:B7)>1)
Dynamic array formulas.

Note: Images are difficult to see , and also requires that I input all the data myself, which means I may make an error, which is very time consuming, and from my point of view less likely to get a response, if a complicated spreadsheet. Plus we cannot see any of the formulas used.

Therefore -

A good sample workbook has just 10-20 rows of representative data that has been desensitised. The sample layout accurately matches that of your real data. It also has expected results mocked up, worked examples where required, relevant cells highlighted and a few explanatory notes.

This will possibly enable a quicker and more accurate solution for you.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data and will allow us to copy/paste your sample data into our Excel spreadsheets, saving a lot of time.

You can also test to see if it works ok, in the "Test Here" forum.

OR if you cannot get XL2BB to work, or have restrictions on your PC

then put the sample spreadsheet onto a share

I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.
Please make sure you have a representative data sample and also that the data has been desensitised, remember this site is open to anyone with internet access to see - so any sensitive / personal data should be removed

Make sure you set any share or google to share to everyone

Upvote 0
Thank you for the heads up on the Xl2BB. I have on my computer before but I had to reinstall Office and lost the add in.

When I access the Xl2bb menu item the Mini Sheet & Table only are grayed out. It also looks like the MrExcel Message Board icon has been disabled as well. I am getting an error message the macros are being blocked, how do turn this feature off. This seems to happen for most of the files I open.

Is there a way to turn this feature off globally so that the message doesn't appear?

Upvote 0
sorry i dont know - i assume you have gone through the instructions and video

about this board forum is the suggested place for questions about xl2bb

About This Board

Discussion of policies, bug reports, how to use it, XL2BB questions, etc.

Upvote 0
I am missing most of the menu items for the add in. I've added the located to trusted sites but it looks like my app is blocking the add in. The block might be on a company level because I am having issues
with running my own macros from time to time.

This is what the Xl2BB looks like in my Excel. Neither the help nor the MrExcel Message Board icon are working. It looks like the add in is 100% disabled.

I think I will need to check with my IT department to adjust some settings on their end to allow this app to be usable

xl2bb.png

Upvote 0
as also mentioned if company restrictions put on a share

OR if you cannot get XL2BB to work, or have restrictions on your PC

then put the sample spreadsheet onto a share

I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.
Please make sure you have a representative data sample and also that the data has been desensitised, remember this site is open to anyone with internet access to see - so any sensitive / personal data should be removed

Make sure you set any share or google to share to everyone

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back