Ribbon problem with "OnLoad"

mcsuman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I do not understand.

I've got a workbook with a custom ribbon with a custom tab and two groups. The first group has three buttons and the second has three menus.

This workbook seems to work perfectly.

I changed the tags on the first three buttons with new ones (using Office RibbonX Editor).

I've got a second workbook that is identical to the first except that the original tags have been replaced everywhere with the new ones.

Now this workbook cannot execute "RibbonOnLoad" when it is opened.

I do not understand. How can this be?

Note that my schema address is different. Also, you cannot have two VBA macros with the same name.

If it still does not work, post a link to your workbook.
Somehow I've got it working correctly now, but I don't know exactly what I did. It looks like replacing my schema with yours did it, but I don't have access to that schema normally, and the Office RibbonX editor does not supply it.
I want to thank you sincerely for your help.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Somehow I've got it working correctly now, but I don't know exactly what I did. It looks like replacing my schema with yours did it, but I don't have access to that schema normally, and the Office RibbonX editor does not supply it.
I want to thank you sincerely for your help.
It's clear I'm missing something - When I try to move this ribbon to another existing workbook it will no long validate, and reports Unknown namespace "http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui". Why?

Upvote 0
Would you consider switching to the editor I am using? This could help.

ui editor.PNG

Upvote 0
Would you consider switching to the editor I am using? This could help.

View attachment 19438
Absolutely! What I've got is the only one I've found. Yes!
Does this mean to download it? And I suppose I'll need latest .NET (I've just cleaned all that .NET crap off of my machine)? And then, probably, I'll have to reinstall Visual Studio (which I can hardly afford)?
Okay, I'll do it if you tell me to!
Regards, mcsuman

View attachment 19438
[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
Yes, you can download it from the page below; there the NET aspect is explained.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll let you know when I've succeeded. Probably Tuesday
Okay,
I do not understand. I'm back at square one.

I have installed .Net and Visual Studio as you suggested and run a worksheet with code you have validated and everything now works fine.

But when I copy its XML, ribbon code and callbacks exactly to the workbook where I want the new ribbon and run it I get the "cannot run onLoad macro" now.

This is quite devastating.

I'm sunk. I do not know what to do.

Upvote 0
You could upload the defective workbook to a sharing site like Drop Box and I will look into it…

Upvote 0
You could upload the defective workbook to a sharing site like Drop Box and I will look into it…
Well, my whole proprietary app is in a Dropbox cache, but I haven't figured out how to share it. If I figure out how to get it to you, you can try to run it, but you'll probably need my help. I don't really know who you are, but I'm happy to have you email me.

Upvote 0
I am sending you a PM with my email, in case you decide to send me something.

I will report my findings here though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back