Rounding question-- For dsitribution calc.

MartyCollins

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,
So i have a list of parts and for each part im calculationg where it is in its lifecycle.
Most parts fall somewhere between 0% and 100%, and then some are above and below.
(This is actually a powerbi problem but if I solve it in excel ill be able to solve it there)

I have calculated Bins for each item so that i can see the distribution-- eg all parts between 50 and 60% get a bin of "50"-- parts between 60 and 70 get a Bin of 60.

My problem is near zero, im using rounddown on the % eg roundown(A2,-1) to bring my Bin values to the nearest 10 below...BUT this is bringing all parts > -10% - > + 10% to 0.

Im looking for a formula of function to bring 0->+10 to zero and also bring -10 -> 0 to -10.

Im thinking an if to see whats below zEro and then treat it differently, howver i can think what will round down a negative number to the nearest 10 below it (eg bring -55 to -60)

TIA,
MArtin.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Thanks Both - they both work perfect too- ive already used the if statement to switch between roundup and rounddown-- ill swap it out for floor when ive it open again onMonday.
Thanks again for your awesomeness 😁

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back