Run-time error '1004': error

soupi

Board Regular
My friend was running a report and received this error "Method 'Publish' of object 'PublishObject' failed"
I ran the same file on my computer and it ran without a issue….
Then I remoted into her computer to reupload the MACROS, which didn’t help… What boggles me is that I ran an old FOC report on her computer and it ran without a problem, and then got todays file from the web and ran it and received the same error, do you have a idea as to why?

[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]screen [COLOR=blue !important]shots[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] are attached.... any comments will be helpful.. thank you
343969d1410206694-run-time-error-1004-error-ddd.jpg
343970d1410206695-run-time-error-1004-error-sddd.png

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
I'm stuck sorry. Can you save as htm to that folder manually? If you do what code does the macro recorder give you?

Upvote 0
I managed to solve the FOC macro , I changed the location of where the macro runs when the HTML file is being saved, so now when she runs it I told her to make sure it is in a specific folder, if the macro is running on another folder instead of the one I specified, it crashes. But if she runs it in the folder I specified so that is a good thing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back