Run-time error '1004': No cells were found.

sspatriots

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I posted the first part of my code earlier, but now I need expand it to allow sorting of other columns in the source table and extracting information from them to be added to the destination table. I keep getting the subject error at the line below in my code:

VBA Code:
Range("G2JobList[[Job Name]]").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy

The reason for this is that when I filter the column (using the line of code below) for dates within the next 7 days, the result is no data in that column falling within that date range, therefor I end up with an empty set of data for the result when filtering on this particular column. It will probably happen to other columns I try to filter as I add them to this code later on.

VBA Code:
    ActiveSheet.ListObjects("G2JobList").Range.AutoFilter Field:=col6, Criteria1:=">=" & Date, Operator:= _
        xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=" & Date + 7

I tried using various techniques I found on this group to trap it, but nothing seems to work or I'm just not doing something correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Below is the complete code so far:
VBA Code:
Sub PopulateOrderByReportWS()
'
' Populate Order By Report WS Macro
'
    Dim Ws1 As Worksheet
    Dim Ws2 As Worksheet
    Dim tb1 As ListObject
    Dim tb2 As ListObject
    Dim lc1 As ListColumn
    Dim lc2 As ListColumn
    Dim lc3 As ListColumn
    Dim lc4 As ListColumn
    Dim lc5 As ListColumn
    Dim lc6 As ListColumn
    Dim Rng1 As Range
    Dim col1 As Long
    Dim col2 As Long
    Dim col3 As Long
    Dim col4 As Long
    Dim col5 As Long
    Dim col6 As Long
    Dim i As Long
    Dim lRw As Long

Set Ws1 = Sheets("Jobs") 'Worksheet the G2JobList (Source) Table is on
    Set Ws2 = Sheets("Order By Report") 'Worksheet the Order_By_Report (Destination) Table is on
    Set tb1 = Ws1.ListObjects("G2JobList") 'Source Table
    Set tb2 = Ws2.ListObjects("Order_By_Report")  'Destination Table
    Set lc1 = Sheets("Jobs").ListObjects("G2JobList").ListColumns("Jack" & Chr(10) & "PO")
    Set lc2 = Sheets("Jobs").ListObjects("G2JobList").ListColumns("Jack" & Chr(10) & "Order By" & Chr(10) & "Date")
    Set lc3 = Sheets("Jobs").ListObjects("G2JobList").ListColumns("Machine" & Chr(10) & "PO")
    Set lc4 = Sheets("Jobs").ListObjects("G2JobList").ListColumns("Machine" & Chr(10) & "Order By" & Chr(10) & "Date")
    Set lc5 = Sheets("Jobs").ListObjects("G2JobList").ListColumns("Safety" & Chr(10) & "PO")
    Set lc6 = Sheets("Jobs").ListObjects("G2JobList").ListColumns("Safety" & Chr(10) & "Order By" & Chr(10) & "Date")

col1 = lc1.Range.Column
    col2 = lc2.Range.Column
    col3 = lc3.Range.Column
    col4 = lc4.Range.Column
    col5 = lc5.Range.Column
    col6 = lc6.Range.Column

Ws2.Activate

On Error Resume Next
    tb2.DataBodyRange.Delete

Ws1.Activate

ActiveSheet.ListObjects("G2JobList").Range.AutoFilter   'Clear previous filters

ActiveSheet.ListObjects("G2JobList").Range.AutoFilter Field:=col1
    ActiveSheet.ListObjects("G2JobList").Range.AutoFilter Field:=col2, Criteria1:=">=" & Date, Operator:= _

With tb1

On Error GoTo EQPT2

Ws2.Activate

With Range("Order_By_Report[[Job Name]]")
            n = Columns(.Column).Resize(, .Columns.Count).Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
            Cells(n + 1, .Column).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

End With

Range("G2JobList[[Jack" & Chr(10) & "Vendor]], G2JobList[[Jack" & Chr(10) & "Order By" & Chr(10) & "Date]]").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy

With Range("Order_By_Report[[Vendor]]")
            n = Columns(.Column).Resize(, .Columns.Count).Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
        End With

With tb2.Range.Borders()
            .LineStyle = xlContinuous
            .ColorIndex = 0
            .TintAndShade = 0
            .Weight = xlThin
        End With

End With

For Each Rng1 In Ws2.Range("Order_By_Report[[Equipment]]")
        If Rng1 = vbNullString Then Rng1 = "Jack"
'        If Rng1 = vbNullString Then Rng1 = tb1.ListColumns("Machine" & Chr(10) & "Vendor")

lRw = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

Next

EQPT2:

Ws1.Activate

ActiveSheet.ListObjects("G2JobList").Range.AutoFilter Field:=col3
    ActiveSheet.ListObjects("G2JobList").Range.AutoFilter Field:=col4, Criteria1:=">=" & Date, Operator:= _

With tb1

On Error GoTo EQPT3

Range("G2JobList[[Job Name]], G2JobList[[MFR" & Chr(10) & "Machine" & Chr(10) & "PN]], G2JobList[[Machine" & Chr(10) & "Vendor]], G2JobList[[Machine" & Chr(10) & "Order By" & Chr(10) & "Date]]").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy

Ws2.Activate

End With

With tb2.Range.Borders()
            .ColorIndex = 0
            .TintAndShade = 0
            .Weight = xlThin
        End With

End With

If Rng1 = vbNullString Then Rng1 = "Machine"
'        If Rng1 = vbNullString Then Rng1 = tb1.ListColumns("Machine" & Chr(10) & "Vendor")

Next

EQPT3:

Ws1.Activate

ActiveSheet.ListObjects("G2JobList").Range.AutoFilter Field:=col5
    ActiveSheet.ListObjects("G2JobList").Range.AutoFilter Field:=col6, Criteria1:=">=" & Date, Operator:= _

With tb1

On Error GoTo EQPT4

Ws2.Activate

End With

Range("G2JobList[[Safety" & Chr(10) & "Vendor]], G2JobList[[Safety" & Chr(10) & "Order By" & Chr(10) & "Date]]").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy

With Range("Order_By_Report[[Vendor]]")
        End With

With tb2.Range.Borders()
            .ColorIndex = 0
            .TintAndShade = 0
            .Weight = xlThin
        End With

End With

If Rng1 = vbNullString Then Rng1 = "Safety"

Next

EQPT4:

'Code for next column will go here

Application.Goto Reference:=Range("A" & lRw), Scroll:=True

Range("B3").Activate

End Sub

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
I keep getting the subject error at the line below in my code:

VBA Code:
It is a bit hard to follow all the code since we don't have the data/tables etc to test with but try wrapping that section of code like this
Try wrapping that line like this

Rich (BB code):
If Range("G2JobList[[#All],[Job Name]]").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count > 1 Then

Ws2.Activate

End With
End If
The gist of it is to count the visible cells in the entire table column, including heading. Since the heading row will always be visible, that count will always be 1 or greater - so no error. If it is 1, only the heading is visible so no data rows are visible but if the count is greater than 1 then you must have at least one visible data row to copy.

Looks like you might have some other sections of code that need a similar check.

Upvote 0
Solution
It is a bit hard to follow all the code since we don't have the data/tables etc to test with but try wrapping that section of code like this
Try wrapping that line like this

Rich (BB code):
If Range("G2JobList[[#All],[Job Name]]").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count > 1 Then

Ws2.Activate

End With
End If
The gist of it is to count the visible cells in the entire table column, including heading. Since the heading row will always be visible, that count will always be 1 or greater - so no error. If it is 1, only the heading is visible so no data rows are visible but if the count is greater than 1 then you must have at least one visible data row to copy.

Looks like you might have some other sections of code that need a similar check.
WOW!! This is genius. I think I got close to this a few times, but could not get to the finish line. I think at one point all I was missing was the "#All" in the part that you show in your response. Excellent. Thank you so much!!!

Upvote 0
You're welcome.

BTW, The marked solution has been changed accordingly. In your future questions, please mark the post as the solution that actually answered your question, instead of your feedback message as it will help future readers. No further action is required for this thread.

Upvote 0
You're welcome.

BTW, The marked solution has been changed accordingly. In your future questions, please mark the post as the solution that actually answered your question, instead of your feedback message as it will help future readers. No further action is required for this thread.
That was an accident I think. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back