Running code deletes If Error Formula

ipbr21054

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Morning,
In my workbook i use two worksheets of which i transfer value from one to the other.
One is called DATABASE & the other INVOICE.

On the DATABASE sheet in cell B6 when i double click values are collected from certain cells in the same row & pasted to various cells on the INVOICE sheet.

On the INVOICE sheet i have If Error Formulas in various cells.

My issue is at the time when i double click should one cell not have a value "but it will later on" then the cell gets a pasted empty value on the INVOICE sheet thus deleting / overwritten the If Error Formula.
When i then enter that missing value later on becuase there is no If Error Formula then the cell stays empty.

Here is the double click code.
Is there a way that should a cell be empty of its value to then ignore it thus keeping / preserve the If Error Formula on the INVOICE sheet.

Basically add to the code If cell value is empty ignor the part to paste to the INVOICE sheet

Rich (BB code):
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

If Not Intersect(Range("A6", Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)), Target) Is Nothing Then

Cancel = True

Database.LoadData Me, Target.Row

ElseIf Not Intersect(Range("B6", Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp)), Target) Is Nothing Then

If Worksheets("INV").Range("G13").Value >= 1 Then
      MsgBox "UNABLE TO TRANSFER AS CUSTOMERS NAME FIELD ISNT EMPTY" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "YOU WILL NOW BE TAKEN TO THE INV SHEET", vbCritical, "INVOICE SHEET CELL ISNT EMPTY"

Sheets("INV").Select
      Exit Sub

Else
      Worksheets("INV").Range("G14:G18").Value = Application.Transpose(Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "R").Resize(, 5).Value)

Worksheets("INV").Range("G13").Value = Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "A").Value ' CUSTOMER
      Worksheets("INV").Range("L14").Value = Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "D").Value ' VEHICLE
      Worksheets("INV").Range("L15").Value = Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "B").Value ' REGISTRATION
      Worksheets("INV").Range("L16").Value = Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "L").Value ' VIN
      Worksheets("INV").Range("L17").Value = Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "W").Value ' CONTACT NUMBER
      Sheets("INV").Select

End If
   End If

End Sub

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hi,

You can test following
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
   If Not Intersect(Range("A6", Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)), Target) Is Nothing Then
      Cancel = True
      Database.LoadData Me, Target.Row
   ElseIf Not Intersect(Range("B6", Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp)), Target) Is Nothing Then
      If Worksheets("INV").Range("G13").Value >= 1 Then
        MsgBox "UNABLE TO TRANSFER AS CUSTOMERS NAME FIELD ISNT EMPTY" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "YOU WILL NOW BE TAKEN TO THE INV SHEET", vbCritical, "INVOICE SHEET CELL ISNT EMPTY"
        Sheets("INV").Select
        Exit Sub
      Else
        If Not IsEmpty(Target.Value) Then
           With Worksheets("INV")
                .Range("G14:G18").Value = Application.Transpose(Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "R").Resize(, 5).Value)
                .Range("G13").Value = Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "A").Value ' CUSTOMER
                .Range("L14").Value = Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "D").Value ' VEHICLE
                .Range("L15").Value = Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "B").Value ' REGISTRATION
                .Range("L16").Value = Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "L").Value ' VIN
                .Range("L17").Value = Worksheets("DATABASE").Cells(Target.Row, "W").Value ' CONTACT NUMBER
                .Select
          End With
        End If
      End If
   End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi
Same result in that the If formulas are still deleted etc

Upvote 0
Where are located these formulas which are getting deleted ... ?

Macro was modified to comply with your statement "Basically add to the code If cell value is empty ignor the part to paste to the INVOICE sheet"

Upvote 0
The If formulas are on the INVOICE sheet in the cells as in my first post.

G14:G18
L14

Etc etc

Example.
I complete all the cells on DATABASE worksheet.
The code copies the values from specific cells on but at present contact number isn’t present in its cell as I do t know the contact number.

I run the code & all the values copied are now in the correct place on the INVOICE sheet.
But remember I didn’t know the contact number so this cell at present has no value.
But I think the original code copy nothing & thus pasted nothing thus deleting the IF formula.

Makes sense ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back