Scroll area and Hiding unused portions for an entire workbook

swervchee

I use all of column A, B, and C, but i only use D1 to H44 other than that. Is it possible to hide everything to the right of Column I and below D44:H44, but leave the scroll area for columns A B C able to scroll to the bottom?

Thank you!

Moi

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
No / maybe. You can hide everything to the right of Column I. You can hide part of a row but not all of it. You could use a macro that changes which area of the sheet you could scroll to, depending on which cell your cursor is in. I wouldn't recommend it though

If you really wanted to try, it would need a worksheet_selectionChange event, identifying your activecell (/target), and changing the worksheet.scrollarea setting

Upvote 0
hmm....

I'm not entirely sure how to hide cells, but If I could hide everything to the right of Column I and everything in columns D-H below row 44, that would be good enough :).

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Ok, try this

- Click your cursor on the column heading "J", to select column J
- Hold Shift + Ctrl + [right arrow], to increase the selection to all columns to the right of (and including) column J
- Right click on the highlighted region, and select "hide"

Repeat for Row 45 and down

Upvote 0
No, you can hide only entire rows and entire columns, hence my original post. Why don't you want that particular section to be visible?

Upvote 0
this is a spreadsheet used by old cranky guys who don't know or want to deal with excel. The less they can click on, the better lol. i can lock them out though, so its okay. was just hoping to hide them completely.

I do appreciate your help though!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LGVBPP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back