Search Feature

raindrop

Board Regular
Is there a search feature on this message to search by author or subject?

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you are really asking the following and have therefore moved your thread to the 'About This Board' forum.

Is there a search feature on this message board to search by author or subject?

In the blue bar above, choose Search and then Advanced Search and you will find quite a few options.

If that is not what you meant, please try to clarify further.

Thanks, but I am looking to one on this site - esp in the excel questions forum? I can't seem to locate a search bar. By the way.... I love this site!!!! I am always looking through other posts and learning!!! I finally noticed one I could help someone else out with, but someone helped with the same formula I would have given. :)

Thanks!

Thanks, but I am looking to one on this site - esp in the excel questions forum? I can't seem to locate a search bar.
Do you not have a blue bar towards the top of the screen with:
User CP, FAQ, Community, ..., Search,... ?

If you are looking to search specifically in the Excel Questions forum then follow the steps in my last post. Once you get into the Advanced Search page you can select the forum(s) you want to search in towards the bottom right of that page.

Alternatively, if you are already in the Excel Questions forum, look in the second blue bar (just above the first orange one). At the very right is a 'Search this Forum' link. Again, if you choose 'Advanced' from that drop-down, you will be taken to the same advanced search page as the one I described above, but the Excel Questions forum will already be selected for you.

In either case, you can now also search for a particular User Name (any post or threads started by that user) and for particular Keyword(s) (anywhere in the post or in the Title only). Note though that the keywords search ignores words less than 4 characters long.

Last edited:
Thanks... I seemed to miss that one..... I was just looking for a bar.... YIKES.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back