Search form does not work once a record has been edited

Liz_I3

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi I am working with Access 2010. I have created a form with a subform the main form has a unbound text box that is used to search. Search is by a box number (text field). A Search Button allow users to Filter the form to display only the record searched. It works until the displayed record is edited. Then when a new box number is entered and the search button clicked I get the error message "Microsoft Access engine jet cannot find a record in table (my Client Table) with matching fields Client". If I close the form and reopen and search for the same box it works fine. Has anyone else had this issue or have any solutions.

Thanks very much
L

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
After the edit is done, has the record been updated (changes committed)? Sounds to me that it has not, or perhaps the new filter has not been applied. The only other possibilithy I can think of at the moment is that after a record update, the form needs to be requeried (or at least refreshed) because there is a disconnect between the parent/child fileds between the form and subform. Maybe somebody else will have better/more ideas.

Upvote 0
Yes the changes are committed The disconnect does not seem to be between parent (maim tbl) & child (files tbl) but between the main table and a client table. When I enter a box numberin the seaech field I get that error message in my post above but its the client table it seem to have the issue with if I close the form and reopen search for the same box its found eaxh search is successfull until a record is updated then the next search gives the error message about client tbl. I have tried me.requery but no luck
thanks for your suggestions
L

Upvote 0
A Search Button allow users to Filter the form
but is the filter no longer applicable? Perhaps you have to reset it and reapply it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back