SEARCH, MATCH, and FILL A TABLE WITH CONTENT FROM A CUSTOMER LIST

trevmac4

HI,
I am trying to create a formula that will grab all matching names i.e. "Existing" from a "Customer_List" (large table of customer information with multiple headings) and populate several related cells that Match the "Existing" search (ex. Name, Sales, Role, etc) . I am not proficient at VBA but willing to try. The worksheet where this Customer_List resides is named "Planning". My Customer_List is $BF$400:$BV$900, and I want the information to be transposed on worksheet "Acct Growth" starting in cell $A:$60. I am then thinking I can use a Vlookup to capture related information in subsequent row cells.

I want to be able to break out this "Customer List" information by several searches (Existing, Prospect, COI) and each search will deliver the results in a seperate table in the "Acct Growth" spreadsheet.

I hope this all makes sense. Thanking you for any and all insight.

Trevor

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Hi Trevor,

I guess the reason why you haven't received an answer is because it is a bit unclear as to the layout of your data, can you provide a sample of what you have and the expected results? Use the link in my signature to post sample data.....

Sample Data...

Excel Workbook
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV
1ExistingData2Data3Data4Data5Data6Data7Data8Data9Data10Data11Data12Data13Data14Data15Data16Data17Data18Data19Data20Data21
2BillcatBusred
3BobdogVanblue
4Tomcowcarred
5Timpigtramgrey
6TedcatBusblue
7BencatVanred
8Bobdogcaryellow
9TimdogBusBlack
10BobcowVangreen
11Suedogcaryellow
12Timcowtramred
13JoepigBusgreen
14JimcatVanred
15Timcatcarred
Planning

Sample Results....

Excel Workbook
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
1# RecordsNameData2Data3Data4Data5Data6Data7Data8Data9Data10Data11Data12Data13Data14Data15Data16Data17Data18Data19Data20Data21
24Timpig0000tram0000000000000grey
3dog0000Bus0000000000000Orange
4cow0000tram0000000000000red
5cat0000car0000000000000red
ACCT GROWTH

The formula in C2 needs entering with ctrl shift enter NOT just enter, it can then be copied across and down.
Cell references will need to be changed to suit yours.

I hope that helps.

Good luck.

Ak

Upvote 0
HI,
I am trying to create a formula that will grab all matching names i.e. "Existing" from a "Customer_List" (large table of customer information with multiple headings) and populate several related cells that Match the "Existing" search (ex. Name, Sales, Role, etc) . I am not proficient at VBA but willing to try. The worksheet where this Customer_List resides is named "Planning". My Customer_List is $BF$400:$BV$900, and I want the information to be transposed on worksheet "Acct Growth" starting in cell $A:$60. I am then thinking I can use a Vlookup to capture related information in subsequent row cells.

I want to be able to break out this "Customer List" information by several searches (Existing, Prospect, COI) and each search will deliver the results in a seperate table in the "Acct Growth" spreadsheet.

I hope this all makes sense. Thanking you for any and all insight.

Trevor

Try to adapt the set up from Post #3 of:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/307832-multiple-vlookups.html#post1511354

which restricts for efficiency reasons the number of array formulas that is needed.

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin,

I must try and remember where I keep that solution!! :ROFLMAO:

Hi Trevor,

This is Aladin's solution....

Sample Data...

Excel Workbook
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV
1ExistingData2Data7Data21
2BillcatBusred
3BobdogVanblue
4Tomcowcarred
5Timpigtramgrey
6TedcatBusblue
7BencatVanred
8Bobdogcaryellow
9TimdogBusBlack
10BobcowVangreen
11Suedogcaryellow
12Timcowtramred
13JoepigBusgreen
14JimcatVanred
15Timcatcarred
Planning

Sample Results....

Excel Workbook
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWX
1# RecordsNameIndexData2Data7Data21
24Tim4pigtramgrey
38dogBusBlack
411cowtramred
514catcarred
ACCT GROWTH

The formula in C2 needs entering with ctrl shift enter NOT just enter, you can then copy it down.
The formula in D2 just needs entering and can be copied across and down.

I hope this helps.

And, thanks Aladin.

Ak

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeVol

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back