Searchable Dropdown Selection

Jon3sy

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
I have been attempting to create a searchable dropdown list for a form to search for names from a list of 465 names and have searched and watched/read multiple feeds but still can't get to what I need without using VBA. I followed through the example by Kevin Stratvert on youtube.com/watch?v=fsL57bvd7Pk and everything seems to work until I get to creating the dropdown from the transposed list. My list cannot just reference a single row that could have multiple options.

As an example, if I start typing a name beginning with "And", I want all the Andy's, Andrew's, Andrea's, etc to appear to select from.

My form only has 10 rows as it may need to have up to 10 different names selected for this section, but my lookup list has 465 individual people, so I want the list of names to filter as I type and narrow the selection.

We are using Office 365 and from what I can tell Version 2208 (Build15601.20660).

Hope someone can identify what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
but still can't get to what I need without using VBA.
If you're willing to use an add-in, you can try a free Excel add-in called "Search deList" to get a searchable combobox.
Technically, an Excel add-in uses vba, but by using an add-in you don't need to have the macro in your workbook, because the macro is in the add-in.

Upvote 0
My workplace doesn't allow us to access "add-ins" otherwise that was my first option.

Upvote 0
Ok, hopefully somebody will be able to help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back