Security in excel table/list database

faizee

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Excel Friends,
I am new on this board, this is my first post.
Can anyone help me, Is there any lock/security option in excel sheets, suppose we make some table/list and after entering one data when the cursor goes to second raw, the previous raw data automatically lock. the user cannot edit or delete that record. untill and unless authorise by admin, is it possible?
Thanks in advance!

please tell me. is it VB or macro. what is the difference between VB and macro. i know it looks stupid. but please i really need yr help.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
please tell me. is it VB or macro. what is the difference between VB and macro. i know it looks stupid. but please i really need yr help.

There's really little difference between the terminology "VBA" and "Macro"; they're both kind of referring to the same thing.

VBA stands for Visual Basic for Applications; it's the underlying programming language behind/included with most Office programs. A macro is the holder for the code that you write in VBA, or record via the Macro recorder.

If you're having problems implementing the code that I posted it may be because I didn't specify where to place it. Worksheet Event code needs to go in the worksheet specific module. To get there you can right-click the worksheet tab and select "View Code", then paste the code in the new window that opens on the right . ALT+Q will exit you back to Excel so you can test it.

Upvote 0
THanks sir. i worked.
but there is one problem.. after runing this VB code, cursor exiting from table. after few records.
user can add records but cannot delete or edit..
edit and delete lock is working fine. but when i m adding new raws (data) after 2 or 3 records it comes out of table.

Upvote 0
hey smitty,
it worked!
but its not working in table/list. i also have to maintain the table.
its 100% working fine without table/list.
please help. i guess, we are very near..

Upvote 0
i mean sir.. yr Code is prefectly working, but when i applying table (in 2007:insert --> table) on my database then this code is not working, when i adding new raws in my table this code dont work.. if u like then i can send u its file.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back