Seeking alternate/better solution for excel XLAM addin, currently using form/multipages

Mongy

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings,

Seeking some suggestions for a current work process.

Quick working version is-
Excel XLAM addin, hosted on work network (choosing to not copy when adding in), with single form, with a main horizontal multipage, and a number of sub vertical multipage, where each of the pages within the multipage could contain a button to run a macro, open an excel file, or open a web page. Users can launch within Excel by using keyboard shortcut Cntrl Q (so addin is named CQ)

Seeking suggestions for alternate/better solutions. Thank you
NOTE-I'm not a VBA expert (I tend to create excel calc sheets for end use), but I am good at Mr Excel'ing, Googling and ChatGPTing.

Excel Addin.jpg

Longer version-
Prior to COVID/people working from home, users would either run a .BAT file to copy an updated PERSONAL.XLSB to their folder, or would be required to copy/paste updated macros into VBA.
Neither was a great solution, as copying updated personal.xlsb file would over ride any personal macros they had, and explaining to people how to update macros using visual basic wasn't fun.

When WFH commenced, users were logging in remotely to virtual machines. For a while, logging in may get you on a different virtual machine, and remote profiles weren't properly set up at that stage. So this may result in a user having to copy the person.xlsb each day.

This is where I discovered that addins might be the best solution. This solved the macro launching situation.
I then found out I could use forms with buttons to launch the macros and files. At this stage, each "menu" had its own form with the required buttons.

Got to the point I discovered multipages, and with lots of "research" and some help from a work colleague, got to the stage as per the image.

Looking for suggestions that might be a better/smarter solution (which I then would start Mr Excel'ing/Googling/ChatGPTing for how to do it).

Cheers

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back