Seeking assistance to populate a list from a table

auto.pilot

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I searched and can't find anything quite like this. I have a table with times the range of D3:L3 and dates starting in B4 and below. I'd like users of this workbook to add an 'x' in time slots that are available and open. Thereafter, I'd like some code or formulas that would populate the list shown in column N. The colors are simply for posting to this forum and will not be used.

I have written a formula that populates a single cell, for example from the x in cell D4, I wrote a formula that produces the desired date and time format in cell N4.

I am struggling to populate a list like what is shown in column N. I guess I'd prefer a code-based approach.

1688582561278.png

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Jim

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Cannot manipulate data in a picture. You can unpivot this data in Power Query. Any updates will automatically refresh the results. If you wish to see a demonstration, then please reload your data using XL2BB. If unsure how to use, read my signature.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your suggestion of using a Power Query. However, I find this method a bit clunky. I need to manipulate the data further once it is output from the Power Query Editor using Close & Load. This workbook will be used by multiple others in our organization, and I won't be able to count on each of them to learn about Power Query. In addition, formulas that reference the output from Close & Load throw off a ref error if I clear the table, then re-run the Power Query.

If there are any other suggestions, I'm open to try.

Thanks

Jim

Upvote 0
Could you post a sample data as a table instead of image? So we can copy-paste it to Excel.
Please use XL2BB add-in.

Upvote 0
I will try. Not sure if I can use the add-in from my office. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I am unable to use the XL2BB add-in. Company firewall prevents me from extracting it. I get an error message for which there is no work-around. I would appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I am unable to use the XL2BB add-in.
Could you upload a sample workbook (without sensitive data) to a sharing site like dropbox.com or google drive?
And then share the link here.

Upvote 0
Here's a link to the sample on google drive: Loading Google Sheets

I am not a regular user of google drive, so please let me know if you are able to get the file.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Jim

Upvote 0
Thanks for the file. The result in col M, is it going to be a text instead of date+time?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back