Separate Values with Comma

nniedzielski

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have sets of data that i can put into an engine, the engine needs the values separated with a comma. How can I copy a section of cells and when i copy them, they are copied as a set, and separated by a comma? That way i dont have to do it manually, especially when i want to copy over 50+ of them.

1619025128949.png

thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Just to confirm what you are doing before getting into the comma aspect of things, are you saying that you want to copy a vertical list of visible cells, and transpose them such that all values are in a single cell, showing in that single cell horizontally, and each number separated by a comma? Why would you want 50 of those lengthy numbers in one cell? That is not a common request. If you do not want them all in one cell, then what would be the need for a comma delimiter. This sounds odd.

Upvote 0
Just to confirm what you are doing before getting into the comma aspect of things, are you saying that you want to copy a vertical list of visible cells, and transpose them such that all values are in a single cell, showing in that single cell horizontally, and each number separated by a comma? Why would you want 50 of those lengthy numbers in one cell? That is not a common request. If you do not want them all in one cell, then what would be the need for a comma delimiter. This sounds odd.
yes, im aware it isnt common, and having 50 would be rare, most commonly will be 8-10, but i still dont want to have to do it manually

Upvote 0
One extra note, i dont need the final result in excel anywhere, i just need it copied. That way i can paste it elsewhere.

Upvote 0
This UDF will put the string in whatever cell you enter the formula =CommaMeeya() in. Modify for range because it was not clear what column your Shipment ID is in or what row the data starts in. You can add a dynamic element to the code by, for example, if Shipment ID is in column A, then you can substitute
VBA Code:
For Each cell In Range("A2:A25").SpecialCells(12)
with
VBA Code:
For Each cell In Range("A2:A" & cells(rows.count, 1).end(xlup).row).SpecialCells(12)

VBA Code:
Public Function CommaMeeya() As String
Dim cell As Range, strVal As String
strVal = strVal & cell.Value & ","
Next cell
strVal = Left(strVal, Len(strVal) - 1)
CommaMeeya = strVal
End Function

Upvote 0
This UDF will put the string in whatever cell you enter the formula =CommaMeeya() in. Modify for range because it was not clear what column your Shipment ID is in or what row the data starts in. You can add a dynamic element to the code by, for example, if Shipment ID is in column A, then you can substitute
VBA Code:
with
VBA Code:
For Each cell In Range("A2:A" & cells(rows.count, 1).end(xlup).row).SpecialCells(12)

VBA Code:
Public Function CommaMeeya() As String
Dim cell As Range, strVal As String
strVal = strVal & cell.Value & ","
Next cell
strVal = Left(strVal, Len(strVal) - 1)
CommaMeeya = strVal
End Function
is there not a way to do this without pasting it in the excel worksheet? I really just want it copied. Thank you so much for your work so far.

Upvote 0
no, this is not what i need, i need to copy the values.

Once copied, what do you want to do with the data? Perhaps a mocked up solution of what you want using your first post example would be beneficial. Mind reading is not my forte.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jabe

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back