Serious problems with ActiveX

chiabgigi

Hello everyone
For two days I excel is acting strange and unpleasant .
Every time I open any file with macro , made ​​by me ' or other , does not allow me to use activeX controls .
For example , if a sheet is a button created as a control module that works .
If the button is created with an ActiveX control does not see it right , if in the " Development " and " Mode ' design " , right click and I highlight the button to see its properties goes out the window with the properties of the sheet .
If I try to insert an ActiveX object in the sheet out a message that says :
Can not insert object
Do you have any advice or do I reinstall ?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

jtakw

Caused by Windows update, use a disk cleaning program (e.g. CCleaner) to delete all temp files, or manually search for *.exd files and delete them.

chiabgigi

Hello Rick , thanks for the answer
I use win7 on desktop and WinVista on the laptop
with laptop no problem, System Restore and everything went fine.
with win7 a disaster
. additional components does not take them , even after cccleaner all update files have mysteriously disappeared from the list office updates
. System Restore , after the restart , by mistake and not restoring to an earlier date
. I used cccleaner to clear any temporary files
. I uninstalled office and then I reinstalled
. Result does not change

probably wait for a new update that all systems , at least on win7
Patience use modules control
thanks

chiabgigi

Waiting for the release of a patch , I solved the problem this way:
I uninstalled these updates KB 2920734 and KB 2726958 .
Deleted files ° .exd
Now excel works well
Attention this is valid for Windows7 and Excel2013 for other versions of excel you have to look for other updates
Excel2007-2010 : KB2553154
Excel2003 : KB2984942

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms14-082

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wedloski

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...