Setfocus in Userform not working...

chipsworld

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Good day all...
I am experiencing something that I do not understand.
I have a simple data entry userform with a few text fields.

The issue is:
Form works great except after hitting the Apply button to run the code to update everything.

The last line of the code is to set the focus back to the first text field to do another item.

When it runs, everything works except for the set focus. I get the below error....

1685637933785.png

The crazy part is...after I hit debug and see that the line highlighted is the cyclecntfrm.upcttxt.SetFocus line. When I then click the run arrow on the ribbon, it works perfectly and sets the focus in the first txt field..

I am at a loss...

HEre is the code and form for that Sub...

the only fields set with a Tab Stop and the "Scan UPC Code" = 0, "Current System Inventory Qty" = 1, and "Correct Inventory Qty" = 2

1685638269267.png

VBA Code:
Dim user As String
Dim upcnum As String

Private Sub cmdaply_Click()
Dim lkup As String
Dim updwn As Double

lkup = upcnum

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Inventory")
            Dim rw As Long, Fnd As Range
        Set Fnd = .Range("A:D").Find(lkup, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious)
            If Not Fnd Is Nothing Then
                rw = Fnd.Row
            End If

If (Me.crnttxt.Value = Me.cortxt.Value) Or Me.cortxt.Value = "" Then

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount")
                        lastrow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row   ' add transaction to "Transaction" sheet
                        rw1 = lastrow + 1

'add transaction to CycleCount worksheet
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "A").Value = Me.desctxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "B").Value = Me.crnttxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "C").Value = updwn
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "D").Value = Me.cortxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "E").Value = user
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "F").Value = Now()

End With

Else 'make correction to Inventory sheet
                    updwn = Me.cortxt.Value - Me.crnttxt.Value 'calculate difference

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Inventory").Cells(rw, "G").Value = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Inventory").Cells(rw, "G").Value + updwn 'calculate new inventory balance

lastrow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row   ' add transaction to "Transaction" sheet
                        rw1 = lastrow + 1

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "A").Value = Me.txtptnum.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "B").Value = Me.desctxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "C").Value = Me.crnttxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "D").Value = updwn
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "E").Value = Me.cortxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "F").Value = user
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "G").Value = Now()
                    End With

End If
        End With

Me.upcttxt.Value = ""
        Me.desctxt.Value = ""
        Me.crnttxt.Value = ""
        Me.cortxt.Value = ""
        Me.txtptnum.Value = ""
        Me.txtuntiss.Value = ""
        ThisWorkbook.Save

[B]cyclecntfrm.upcttxt.SetFocus[/B]

End Sub

Weird, when you put it at the start of Sub and the code stops there, it means it stops before any other action occurs.
Let's try something simple, comment all the lines except cyclecntfrm.upctxt.setfocus, so there's only one line to be executed, see what happens.
Same thing...even when it is the only line of code in the sub, it stops on it with the same unspecified error. Hit DEBUG and then run arrow in ribbon, and works as it should.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Same thing...even when it is the only line of code in the sub, it stops on it with the same unspecified error. Hit DEBUG and then run arrow in ribbon, and works as it should.
Just discovered that if I set the form CYCLE property to 2-CycleCurrentForm instead of 1-frmCycleAllForms

Not sure what this means, but it did the trick.

Disregard...it worked once, then failed after that.

Upvote 0
Just discovered that if I set the form CYCLE property to 2-CycleCurrentForm instead of 1-frmCycleAllForms

Not sure what this means, but it did the trick.

Disregard...it worked once, then failed after that.
OK...I figured out what was causing the Unspecific Error but...now the setfocus line does nothing.

Is there a better way to reset the form and set the focus back to the 0-tab position?

Upvote 0
What did you really figured out?

Sorry, I'm not sure how, hope others could help you,
Akuini,
I ound when stepping through the code, it was going to another control (which it shouldn't). I removed that code, and the error went away.

Been playing with it, and everything works smoothly. Still couldn't get the setfocus to work, but I did manage to get the flow to work right. Just using the tab order. I guess I just had to let it do what it wanted to do.

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Been playing with it, and everything works smoothly. Still couldn't get the setfocus to work, but I did manage to get the flow to work right. Just using the tab order. I guess I just had to let it do what it wanted to do.

Ok, glad it worked, even though not completely as you need.

Upvote 0
Good day all...
I am experiencing something that I do not understand.
I have a simple data entry userform with a few text fields.

The issue is:
Form works great except after hitting the Apply button to run the code to update everything.

The last line of the code is to set the focus back to the first text field to do another item.

When it runs, everything works except for the set focus. I get the below error....

View attachment 92720

The crazy part is...after I hit debug and see that the line highlighted is the cyclecntfrm.upcttxt.SetFocus line. When I then click the run arrow on the ribbon, it works perfectly and sets the focus in the first txt field..

I am at a loss...

HEre is the code and form for that Sub...

the only fields set with a Tab Stop and the "Scan UPC Code" = 0, "Current System Inventory Qty" = 1, and "Correct Inventory Qty" = 2

View attachment 92721

VBA Code:
Dim user As String
Dim upcnum As String

Private Sub cmdaply_Click()
Dim lkup As String
Dim updwn As Double

lkup = upcnum

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Inventory")
            Dim rw As Long, Fnd As Range
        Set Fnd = .Range("A:D").Find(lkup, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious)
            If Not Fnd Is Nothing Then
                rw = Fnd.Row
            End If

If (Me.crnttxt.Value = Me.cortxt.Value) Or Me.cortxt.Value = "" Then

rw1 = lastrow + 1

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "A").Value = Me.desctxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "B").Value = Me.crnttxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "C").Value = updwn
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "D").Value = Me.cortxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "E").Value = user
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "F").Value = Now()

End With

Else 'make correction to Inventory sheet
                    updwn = Me.cortxt.Value - Me.crnttxt.Value 'calculate difference

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Inventory").Cells(rw, "G").Value = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Inventory").Cells(rw, "G").Value + updwn 'calculate new inventory balance

rw1 = lastrow + 1

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "A").Value = Me.txtptnum.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "B").Value = Me.desctxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "C").Value = Me.crnttxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "D").Value = updwn
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "E").Value = Me.cortxt.Value
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "F").Value = user
                        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("CycleCount").Cells(rw1, "G").Value = Now()
                    End With

End If
        End With

Me.upcttxt.Value = ""
        Me.desctxt.Value = ""
        Me.crnttxt.Value = ""
        Me.cortxt.Value = ""
        Me.txtptnum.Value = ""
        Me.txtuntiss.Value = ""
        ThisWorkbook.Save

[B]cyclecntfrm.upcttxt.SetFocus[/B]

End Sub
Where is the Form loaded?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back