Setting 'OR' Criteria on SUMIF

Barefoot

Board Regular
Good morning all

I have entered the following array formula which at first glance appears to work. However it is not picking up the first set of criteria (=SD4600 or =SD4650) instead it is summing all based on the remaining criteria?

=SUM(IF(OR(Aptos!$F$7:$F$500="SD4600",Aptos!$F$7:$F$500="SD4650"),IF(Aptos!$E$7:$E$500="Spend to Period",IF(Aptos!$C$7:$C$500='Central MMR'!$A10,Aptos!$J$7:$J$500))))

Initially I had these as two SUMIF formulas added together (Sum(if…. + Sum(if….)) which works fine but is a bit scary looking and thought there might be a way to incorporate my criteria ‘double’ multiple criteria for column F.

Additionally would I need to replace ‘=’ with ‘<>’ to get the reverse? i.e. = anything except SD4600 & SD4650 as I need to sum on similar criteria for all cost centres except SD4600 & SD4650 and I am not sure how to do this otherwise

Cheers
Julian

Perhaps

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(Aptos!$F$7:$F$500,4)="SD48"),--(Aptos!$E$7:$E$500="Spend to Period"),--(Aptos!$C$7:$C$500='Central MMR'!$A10),Aptos!$J$7:$J$500)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hi Krishnakumar

Thanks, I have quite a bit to obsorb her and will help me with other tasks that I do.

So again a big thank you for all your help.

Best Regards
Julian

Upvote 0
I was searching for help on my problem and found this thread. Hopefully it's ok that I post on it.

I am trying to do a similar formula. I have adjusted the formulas posted to fit my needs:

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH('Consolidated 55+ List'!B13:HT13,{"54002","54003"},0)),IF('Consolidated 55+ List'!A20:A32=D67,'Consolidated 55+ List'!B20:HT32)))

However, now what I'd like to do is change
{"54002","54003"}
to a range of editable values... something like:
(B64:B94)

So, the resultant formula would be similar to:
=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH('Consolidated 55+ List'!B13:HT13,(B64:B94),0)),IF('Consolidated 55+ List'!A20:A32=D67,'Consolidated 55+ List'!B20:HT32)))

However, as you might expect... this does not work. Is there a way to accomplish this task? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back