Simple task

LeeLee17

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I would like to copy two cells from sheet 1 ("Today") into sheet2 "Notation" if column O (15) in sheet 1 is not blank. In other words, Sheets("Today").Cells(i,15) <> "" Then
Copy Column A (1) and column O (15) from sheet1 "Today" into sheet2 "Notation" in cells( i, A ) and cells (i, B). It will loop through an unknown number of rows in column O (15). Would really appreciate simple code to get this done. Appreciate your knowledge and time. Thank you!

Thanks for your feedback, Peter. I printed it and typed it into my work station. Where do you suppose I made the error?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
There were a couple of typos - that made a big difference! It works perfectly--thank you so much for all your help!

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Glad you found the errors. Thanks for the follow-up. :)

Upvote 0
Hi Peter, Thank you for the feedback. I'm hoping that you will assist again, would it be possible to modify the "small task" code to MOVE a string of adjacent cells in a row but not the entire row to another sheet and delete the row in the original sheet? It would search column "O" for text string. Many thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thank you for your follow-up question. The scope of the process is to track incoming sales leads. It begins with the manual entry of basic info into "Total Leads" tab. From here the adjacent cells (not the entire row) will be copied to the "Open Leads" tab. This action will happen when the "Move to Open Leads" data validation is selected and the macro button is pushed.

Once the "Open Leads" process is complete, there will be three options to move to different tabs based on a data validation selection and pushing the appropriate button. The adjacent cells will grow as more info is entered based on the work process and the data will move through several tabs until it is a completed lead. When it is completed, it will be copied from either the Approved, Declined or No Response tabs. Ultimately, it will require two basic codes where the sheets are named and the specific rows are named: one to copy and one to move. The basic code would be changed to the specifics of each tab resulting in 22 different macros. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I greatly appreciate your time and consideration. Thank you!

Upvote 0
1683235052991.png

Upvote 0
I'm thinking to move just the range of adjacent cells that contain the transferrable data. Once moved, the entire row can be deleted from the prior tab.

Upvote 0
Just to clarify the buttons & actions on each tab: (1) Total Leads 1 button that copies to Open Leads, (2) Open Leads 3 buttons that moves to: Next, No Response, Rescind; (3) Next 3 buttons that moves to: My Opps, No Response, Rescind; (4) No Response 3 buttons that moves to: Next, Rescind, or copies to Completed Lead; (5) Rescind 1 button that copies to Completed Leads; (6) My Opps 3 buttons that moves to Credit Screen, No Response, Rescind; (7) Credit Screen 3 buttons that moves to Submit, No Response, Rescind; (8) Submit 3 buttons that moves to Approved, Declined, No Response; (9) Approved 1 button that copies to Completed Leads; (10) Declined 1 button that copies to Completed Leads. The ultimate "bucket" for all leads will be: Approved, Rescind, Declined or No Response. The Completed Leads tab will be a table from which to perform analysis.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back