Slicer still protected after unprotect

Greenbehindthecells

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I found that my dynamic dashboard (pivot table) started shrinking during some final edits... I unprotected everything so that I could readjust but for some reason I cannot unprotect my slicers now (I have unprotected and reprotected and still no change). I have backups but it does not have the most recent changes. I know this is user error and I can't figure out what I didn't or what I did do. All of my slicer formatting options are grayed out despite the file being unprotected.

I'm pretty sure that switching between my laptop and my larger screens was the reason why my dashboard shrunk, but now I am in another pickle because I can't adjust the slicers which also shrunk.

If anybody has come into this problem before or has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Good to hear you found the setting.
It would be helpful if you could post it here for future readers, then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution.

Upvote 0
Good to hear you found the setting.
It would be helpful if you could post it here for future readers, then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution.
Sure thing! Sorry about that. After unprotecting your sheets, Select the slicers, control + 1 to get to format slicer properties. Click the arrow for position and layout, then uncheck disable resizing and moving. Do this for each slicer or all slicers at once if you can select them all.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back