mrMadCat

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi!
I have one file that has a pivot table with a slicer that started acting weird recently.
When I open it, sometimes slicer in it is not visible, and even if it is, when I click on it only the cells behind it are affected as if there was no slicer at all.
Option Add slicer and Add timeline is greyed out, though option Filter connections is active, and I can see that filter still there and able to check/uncheck it.
I tried saving as it to my desktop. The pattern is the same. Tried deleting tabs, coping tabs inside file, no luck.
It starts working only when I copy tab with data to new file and add new pivot table. But that is not acceptable since this is a complex file shared with team and I don't want to redo much of work again.
May be a way to check or reset some permissions for the file with some macro?

The file is in a SharePoint folder, I open it with excel office 365 desktop. Checked all the updates, checked all update to windows 11 as well. rebooted. File is not in compatibility mode or anything else, it always was and is xlsx file, no macros, one external connection, not protected sheet or workbook.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Well, just found out that the problem is not only with slicers in this file, but also in other elements, like if file is partly blocked. So I gues I should make a sepperate question since this one is asked wrong and won't indexed correctly.

Upvote 0
So, knowing the right question I just googled it
File-Options-Advanced-Display options for this workbook:
For objects, show: All

For some reason it was changed to Nothing (hide objects). That is really strange and I never knew there is such option.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back