Slow record Navigation in Access 2007

baadams

Board Regular
Here's the situation. I have split a db into a BE/FE because we have remote users. The database works fine for local users (Each user has his/her own FE) for offsite users (Not more than 30 miles away) the performance is lethargic at best. No matter the number of users, the speed doesn't change. The db opens and closes quickly, generates 30 page reports in 20-30 sec (currently this is acceptable).
But I've got two forms that have 2 subforms each. The total records for these forms is <300. The form opens quickly, but paging through the records is painfully slow. One form has a query for it's record source and one a table, both perform the same. This db worked perfectly in Access 2003, two weeks ago we upgraded, so it's been about two weeks of hair pulling with only slightly better results. I've officially ran out of ideas. I've read quite a bit here: Microsoft Access Performance - Forms and actually the persistent connection did help opening / closing / running reports, but nothing has helped the lag of paging through these two forms. Thanks for the help.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
What's the actual question?:)

Upvote 0
My primary question is why would the record navigation be so slow, when everything else seems to function as designed?

Why would it have changed from Access 2003 to 2007?

I've modified all settings, as recommended by other posts and online blogs, but nothing has helped.

Upvote 0
Could it actually be some sort of network 'lag'?

Assuming you are using a network of course.

Upvote 0
Norie,
That's the last thing I can think of, IT is busy so I haven't had a chance to speak with them. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gina V

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back