aaa 100 aaa 300
_______bbb 100
ccc 100 ccc 200
ddd 200
eee 100
________fff 100
ggg 500
________hhh 100

please kindly advise if any simple way to do this.
really appreciate your kindness help.
cheers :LOL:

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
combine the data so that all data is in 2 columns with letters in first column, then sort ascending - then see how to reformat it

Upvote 0
combine the data so that all data is in 2 columns with letters in first column, then sort ascending - then see how to reformat it

thanks for the advice, mate. however i want the result stays in 4 columns.
i found a solution from another web to use ISNA and Vlookup and it seems to work :LOL:
i'll try to play around the formula. cheers all :LOL:

<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, serif; white-space: inherit;">=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A10;$D$3:$E$6;1;0));"";VLOOKUP($A10;$D$3:$E$6;1;0))=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A10;$D$3:$E$6;2;0));"";VLOOKUP($A10;$D$3:$E$6;2;0))</code></pre>The idea behind this is to use <code style="margin: 0px; padding: 1px 5px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, serif; white-space: pre-wrap; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); line-height: 17.804800033569336px;">VLOOKUP</code> to find cells that match the values in column A. If a matching cell is not found (i.e., the <code style="margin: 0px; padding: 1px 5px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, serif; white-space: pre-wrap; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); line-height: 17.804800033569336px;">VLOOKUP</code> function returns an N/A value), put an empty string into the cell contents. If a matching cell is found, put the VLOOKUP result into the cell contents.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anniewonder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back