Source Data Formula needed for rolling 90 days entries Chart

zoso

I'm guessing the formula needed for the chart might involve the Indirect function, but I hardly know anything about this and am having real trouble putting this one together myself - hope you can help me please!

I need to put a chart together with the horizontal (X?) axis showing only the last 90 dates I have been out running (in bar format), so that when for example I go out tonight and enter the info the entry from 3 months previously will drop out of the chart.

The vertical (Y?) axis needs to show 2 sets of data: the distance and the time for each date on the horizontal axis. The format of the distance is in miles to 1 decimal place.

Please note that the format of the pace is m:ss but the ' :ss ' needs to be converted to a decimal for chart.

Worksheet 'Training Log' Column A contains the dates, Column C contains the distance and Column E the pace, with Row 1341 being the first empty one.

Hope you can help!

:rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Re: Source Data Formula needed for rolling 90 days entries C

For the first part of your question have a look at this thread: http://216.92.17.166/board2/viewtopic.php?t=53513

If you use a defined name range for your data source you can pick up all data that is newer than =TODAY()-90 or you could OFFSET 90 cells if the dates are not contiguous.

Upvote 0

Hi,

How about ...

Assuming that you have a heading in row 1 of 'Training Log',
Create a 'Chart data' sheet.

In A2:A91 put the formula
=OFFSET('Training Log'!A1,COUNTA('Training Log'!A:A)-91,0)

In B2:B91 put the formula
=OFFSET('Training Log'!C1,COUNTA('Training Log'!C:C)-91,0)

In C2:C91 put the formula
=OFFSET('Training Log'!E1,COUNTA('Training Log'!E:E)-91,0)*1440

and just use A2:C91 for your chart.

HTH

Alan

Upvote 0

Alan

Thanks for your help, but I was wondering if a solution for this would be possible without a 'data sheet' which is what I have at the moment?

TIA!

:p

Upvote 0

zoso said:
Alan

Thanks for your help, but I was wondering if a solution for this would be possible without a 'data sheet' which is what I have at the moment?

TIA!

:p
It doesn't matter whether your data is on the same sheet or a separate sheet. If you post back with some more information we can help.

Upvote 0
Inarbeth

I don't know what else I can say to help you help me, as it's all at the top of this page - please tell me what else you need to know and I'll BRB!

Upvote 0
there are a number of examples of dynamic charting here:

www.tushar-mehta.com

...under the dynamic chart tutorial. As far as the 'plot decimal values for seconds' etc is concerned, you will have to manipulate the source data appropriately & chart of that.

Upvote 0

thanks for the link!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back