SQL Server Enterprise Manager question

anonymowho

Hi I am kind of new to this.

Our group has a server and I am accessing it using Terminal Server Client on my PC. Then I go to the SQL Server Enterprise Manager on the server. I see a table there but it wouldnt let me copy it or anything. It only lets me run queries on it.

I was wondering how I can get this table from the server to my PC.

hope thats clear...

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
If you're looking at SQL Server then it may well be a permissions issue (unlike Access you have to assign permissions to people to view/edit/update etc on SQL Server). First thing I'd check is that you have the relevant permissions.

Secondly, when you're talking about copying the table onto your desktop - what are you trying to copy it into? Access? MSDE? And do you really need to copy the Table to your desktop - i.e. what are you trying to achieve?

Martin

Upvote 0
My vb.net code currently uses a database called "localstuff.mdb". One of the tables within this database is called "UserInfo".

The server has a database called "Production.mdb" and within this database is a table called "UserInfo".

I want to make sure that both these tables are aligned. in other words I just want to make sure that there is no delta between the server "UserInfo" table and my local "UserInfo" table...

I am thinking I might have to do it in code. I dont know.

Upvote 0
Hi

Instead of effectively having two tables (one local and one remote) and trying to keep them in sync would it not be possible to have the remote table as a 'linked table' on your local DB? to do this you would need to set up a connection to the remote DB (through the DSN/ODBC connection manager in the control panel) - that would negate the need to replicate the remote table.

Thanks
Martin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LGVBPP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back