Stacking multiple FILTER results

Lyonsyboy

Hi
I have a FILTER array which lists multiple results from another Table (Column J). These have associated results that I would like to dynamically expand to list in a separate column (K). Is this possible?

1658642713094.png

Cheers

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Try including both columns of the source table in the filter range.

Upvote 0
This is what I've had a crack at, but it only expands the top result....
1658649025895.png

Tried using J35# but it doesn't like it much.

Attachments

• 1658648781140.png
    1658648781140.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0
By only giving us images and not giving us any idea of what your table looks like, it makes it really hard to help you.
There are a couple of options in the below. The filter one is what @jasonb75 is referring to.

In the below I have assumed that the columns you need are not next to each other because it is much simpler if they are (you would not need 2 filters).

PS: it would also be good if you update your profile to show which version of Excel you are using. While it is clear in this instance due to the use of Filter it may not be in other posts you make, and the version can impact the solution.

Book2
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO
1Date to FilterCriteria >assaysUsing G2#Using Filter and extracting non-adjacent columns
21assaysC11C11C1
32assaysC22C22C2
43C34C44C4
54assaysC4
65C5
76C6
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
H2:H4H2=FILTER($A$2:$A$7,$B$2:$B$7=$F$1,"Not Assayed")
I2:I4I2=VLOOKUP(H2#,$A$2:$C$7,3,FALSE)
K2:L4K2=FILTER(FILTER($A$2:$C$7,$B$2:$B$7=$F$1,"Not Assayed"),{1,0,1})
Dynamic array formulas.

Upvote 0
Sorry I'm pretty terrible at this. This is the filtered table (facesummary) with the results I want to list :
1658699246168.png

Sheet 3
1658699566105.png

So I'm looking for any instance of 'subs returned' in the 'submission' column of the face summary table which would list the corresponding 'face' in column K of sheet 3.

Basically, if G (Facesummary table) matches J (Sheet 3), return the 'Face' value from (Facesummary table) A, in K (Sheet 3). The list in (Sheet 3) J changes daily.

Upvote 0
One of these should do it (2 versions of the same formula for different scenarios).

If the list in J35:J38 is produced by another dynamic array formula then try this one.
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(FaceSummary[Face],ISNUMBER(XMATCH(FaceSummary[Submission],J35#)),"No matches")

If it is not then you would need this one
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(FaceSummary[Face],ISNUMBER(XMATCH(FaceSummary[Submission],J35:INDEX(J:J,XMATCH("zzz",J:J,-1)))),"No matches")

Hopefully no typos.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back