Stop Counting Days

spr1nger

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a hidden column with the =TODAY() function. I am counting days from the time an order was placed to the delivery date. Once the delivery date is entered into a column, I want the column counting the days to stop. What would be the correct formula for that? I'm curing using =IF(C6="","OPEN",N6-C6). C6 is the delivery date & N6 is the hidden today function. The O column is the column showing the number of days.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Try this and revert -

Excel Formula:
=IFS(C6="","Open",C6<>"","Delivered",True,N6-C6)

Upvote 0
Do you store Order Date somewhere?
If so, just subtract that from the Delivery Date.

Upvote 0
Try this and revert -

Excel Formula:
=IFS(C6="","Open",C6<>"","Delivered",True,N6-C6)
That only returns the work "delivered". I want the number of days I just want it to stay the number of days it took to be delivered. Right now, it keeps counting.

Upvote 0
If you do not have another field holding the static date (not the TODAY() function, as that is dynamic and not static) that you want to use in the calculation, you will probably need to use VBA code to change the data to a hard-coded date.

Upvote 0
I want the number of days I just want it to stay the number of days it took to be delivered
In that case you need have an order date in some column and then use following. remember it's generic

=IFS(C6="","Open",C6<>"",C6-OrderDate,True,N6-C6)

Upvote 0
I'm getting #NAME? return
That is because he is just using "OrderDate" as a place-holder for the cell address with Order Date, like I suggested back in my first reply.

I see you don't seem to be addressing any of my comments/posts though. That is fine, if you do not want my help, I will just move along.

Upvote 0
That is because he is just using "OrderDate" as a place-holder for the cell address with Order Date, like I suggested back in my first reply.

I see you don't seem to be addressing any of my comments/posts though. That is fine, if you do not want my help, I will just move along.
Please don't take offense. I'm am at work & I'm getting pulled in different directions. I'm checking this when I can. Plus, I'm not an Excel guru, let alone knowing any VBA codes. I suppose I can replace the today function once it's delivered and that would stop the counting. I was looking formula that would do all of it for me.

Upvote 0
Your data description does not make sense to me. The Order Date wouldn't be a changing date, right? It would be the static date that the order was made.
Can you show us an example of exactly what your data looks like, and walk us through an example of when things need to be "frozen"?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back