Streaks; Current Streak with Conditions

DRSteele

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I would like to create an array formula, without helper columns if possible, to identify a Current Streak. I tried and tried but I'm just missing a key piece to the puzzle. So for team A the current streak is three games as visitor, or V-3; for team B it's H-3; and for team C it's H-1.

ABCD
1gamevisitorhost
21ab
32bc
43cb
54ba
65ab
76ac
87cb
98cb
109ac

<tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet36

Last edited:
Dr Demento, I would also recommend videos. I have benefitted immensely from watching the videos on theses two channels on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ExcelIsFun/videos https://www.youtube.com/user/bjele123/videos

For me at least, nothing seems to bring complex formulas to light like visual instruction with narration. Both of those channels have very good titles and tags and are therefore searchable. Mike Girvin's ExcelIsFun channel also has a link to massive amounts of data contained in the source excel files for his spreadsheets.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
DRSteele,

Much appreciated. I will definitely look into those.

I guess we all can aspire to be like Aladin Akyurek!! :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am doing something similar, but adding more columns to indicate whether or not it was a conference game or not. The formula listed in here work perfect to find an overall streak or an overall home/away streak. In addition, I want to be able to find current streaks for conference home and away, not just overall home and away.

On my sheet, I have the following:
In Column J, I have where the game was played (Home = "H"/Away = "A"/Neutral = "N")

In Column K, I have if the game was a conference game (Y/N)
In Column L, it lists if the game was a win/loss/tie (W/L/T)

How would I get the formula to work to find, for example, the current streak for non-conference home games (search column J for "H"; column K for "N")??

Upvote 0
No problem. I'm in no hurry. I just figured the groundwork was set in this thread, and it was referenced when I started that thread. The other thread can be deleted to avoid confusion. :cool:

Upvote 0
I haven't forgotten about you Miles. I'm having trouble with the project, so stay tuned until I suss it out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NJOO7

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back