Structured reference and offset

Jungan

I am using offset and structured refs in a table to create dynamic arrays.

=OFFSET(Table2[[#Headers];[number]];1;0;ROW([@number])-ROW(Table2[[#Headers];[number]]);1)

My intention with this formula is to create an array that grows in height for each row. But the return value is just a single value.

ROW([@number])-ROW(Table2[[#Headers];[number]])

this counter works fine on its own in a separate column in the table. It also retunrs the right value when nested which I verify with F9. But still the offset returns a single value array for all rows in the table?!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hello all and thanks to have accepted my subscription.

I am struggling to find a solution to combine SUMPRODUCT and SUBTOTAL for a structured table.
I have a table with slicer, and I would like to get the SUMPRODUCT based on slicer selection.
By looking for a solution, I got this formula example:

=SUMPRODUCT(
SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET('Raw Data'!F2:F150,ROW('Raw Data'!F2:F150)-ROW('Raw Data'!F2:F150),0)),
('Raw Data'!F2:F150=5)+0)

and I tried to apply this in my case. So, step by step:

- ROW(BALANCE[TOTAL SAVINGS '[€'] MARCH 2024])-MIN(ROW(BALANCE[TOTAL SAVINGS '[€'] MARCH 2024])) ==> This Works
- The next step is to apply the OFFSET function ==> now I am blocked

Could you help me?

Many thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hello all and thanks to have accepted my subscription.

I am struggling to find a solution to combine SUMPRODUCT and SUBTOTAL for a structured table.
I have a table with slicer, and I would like to get the SUMPRODUCT based on slicer selection.
By looking for a solution, I got this formula example:

=SUMPRODUCT(
SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET('Raw Data'!F2:F150,ROW('Raw Data'!F2:F150)-ROW('Raw Data'!F2:F150),0)),
('Raw Data'!F2:F150=5)+0)

and I tried to apply this in my case. So, step by step:

- ROW(BALANCE[TOTAL SAVINGS '[€'] MARCH 2024])-MIN(ROW(BALANCE[TOTAL SAVINGS '[€'] MARCH 2024])) ==> This Works
- The next step is to apply the OFFSET function ==> now I am blocked

Could you help me?

Many thanks in advance
You would probably be much better off posting your question to its own thread, instead of posting to a thread that is over 8 years old.
Then it will show up on the "Unanswered threads" listing and have a lot more people seeing it.

Upvote 0
You would probably be much better off posting your question to its own thread, instead of posting to a thread that is over 8 years old.
Then it will show up on the "Unanswered threads" listing and have a lot more people seeing it.
Will do. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayudo125

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back