Sub folders in excel vba for modules?

baskin

first post so first i want to say thank you very much for all the help i have received in the last few months from this site!! i did not even know what excel vba was before april and now im writing all sorts of codes from threads ive read here!

so this time i cant find what im looking for :eek:. i have a large file with about 10 different modules (i like to keep things seperate if at all possible).
is there a way i can add sub folders on the left side of the screen in the project window under "Modules"
i like the idea of like one folder for each sheet i have. is there any way to do this that im just not seeing?
Thanks in advance!!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
That's an interesting idea but the simple answer is "no."

Of course, 1 folder for each module (assuming that's what you meant by 'sheet') defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

What you can do is something along the lines of what I do...sometimes.

Name the modules so that they are "grouped" by their names. For example, all UI related modules could start with UI. All support modules, i.e., not directly related to the task at hand, could start with Support (or Supp). You get the idea.

first post so first i want to say thank you very much for all the help i have received in the last few months from this site!! i did not even know what excel vba was before april and now im writing all sorts of codes from threads ive read here!

so this time i cant find what im looking for :eek:. i have a large file with about 10 different modules (i like to keep things seperate if at all possible).
is there a way i can add sub folders on the left side of the screen in the project window under "Modules"
i like the idea of like one folder for each sheet i have. is there any way to do this that im just not seeing?
Thanks in advance!!

Upvote 0
ah ok. thanks for the quick response! not the answer i was hoping for lol

ya atm the i have them labeled by letter so i can group them and keep them ordered.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fcarfagna

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back