Sub-totals and totals in large worksheet

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I have a customer using Excel 2003 on Windows XP Pro. They are currently creating estimates in Word and want me to find a way to give them sub-totals and totals on the data. I can import the document into excel and end up with four columns of data. Column A contains the quantity of a particular part, Column B contains the part description, Column C contains the vendor of the part and Column D contains vendor part number.

The problem is that the document contains repeats of given part numbers. The customer is a lock and key shop and they specialize in custom installations. Thus, their document will contain a list of parts to be installed per door. The list can contain the same part number for each of the doors. They want me to show a subtotal of parts for each door and a grand total of each individual part number for the entire job so that they can order the correct number of parts.

Anyone want to tackle this One? I have tried using SUMIF, COUNTIF, COUNTA and VLOOKUP, all with no success. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Danno...

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Reply to Tony

Good day Tony. Thanks for the quick response. I have no knowledge of pivot tables, but I'm willing to learn if that will work. I will consult my help file and my books.

Thanks, Danno...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back