Subscript Out of Range When Sorting

reberryjr

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I don't know why I'm having issues with sorting, as I've done it a number of times in other projects. I've referred to my old code, as well as the web and I've tried the following snippets to no avail. I keep getting a "subscript out of range" error. Even when I copy and paste the macro recorder's snippet, I get an error.

VBA Code:
'***Attempt 1
'ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("DOADS").Sort Key:=Range("AH1:AH" & mPNLR), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortTextAsNumbers
'With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("DOADS").Sort
'    .SetRange Range("AH2:AH" & mPNLR)
'    .Header = xlNo
'    .MatchCase = False
'    .Orientation = xlTopToBottom
'    .SortMethod = xlPinYin
'    .Apply
'End With

'Attempt 2
'mP.Range("AH1:AH" & mPNLR).Sort Key1:=Range("AH1"), order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes

'Attempt 3
'mP.Sort.SortFields.Clear

'mP.Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=mP.Range("AH1:AH" & mPNLR), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal, Header:=xlYes

'Attempt 4
'mP.Range("AH1:AH" & mPNLR).Sort Key:=mP.Range("AH1:AH" & mPNLR), Order:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes

'Attempt 5
'ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Names").Sort.SortFields.Clear

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Names").Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("AF1:AF" & mLiqLR), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortTextAsNumbers

'With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Names").Sort
'    .SetRange Range("AF2:AF" & mLiqLR)
'    .Header = xlNo
'    .MatchCase = False
'    .Orientation = xlTopToBottom
'    .SortMethod = xlPinYin
'    .Apply
'End With

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
It looks like you have some last row variable named "mLiqLR", but I do not see it being calculated/set anywhere in your code.
So its value would be 0, which would cause problems, as Excel has no row 0.

Upvote 0
It looks like you have some last row variable named "mLiqLR", but I do not see it being calculated/set anywhere in your code.
So its value would be 0, which would cause problems, as Excel has no row 0.
It's there, I just didn't include it in the code.
VBA Code:
mLiqLR = mP.Range("AF" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

I tried using mPNLR but thought it may have been the issue since the last row in column A is over 1K, and AF only has about 15 record, but it still won't work.

Upvote 0
It's there, I just didn't include it in the code.
VBA Code:
mLiqLR = mP.Range("AF" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

I tried using mPNLR but thought it may have been the issue since the last row in column A is over 1K, and AF only has about 15 record, but it still won't work.
In order for us to try to analyze your code, it is important to include all those details.
Otherwise, it is hard for us to tell what you may be doing wrong. It is also very helpful to see a sample of the data that you are trying to run this on.

What is the value of "mLiqLR" when the code is being run?
You can put this line of code just before your Sort command to see what it returns:
VBA Code:
MsgBox mLiqLR

Also, when you get the error message, if you hit the "Debug" option, which line of code does it highlight?

Upvote 0
In order for us to try to analyze your code, it is important to include all those details.
Otherwise, it is hard for us to tell what you may be doing wrong. It is also very helpful to see a sample of the data that you are trying to run this on.

What is the value of "mLiqLR" when the code is being run?
You can put this line of code just before your Sort command to see what it returns:
VBA Code:
MsgBox mLiqLR
It comes back with 15, which is accurate.

Upvote 0
OK, can you show us a sample of the data it is running on?

Also, when you get the error message, if you hit the "Debug" option, which line of code does it highlight?

Upvote 0
OK, can you show us a sample of the data it is running on?

The data is literally just a Header and 14 names under the header. Right now, this line is being highlighted during the debugging
VBA Code:
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Names").Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("AF1:AF" & mLiqLR), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortTextAsNumbers

Upvote 0
Do you actually have a sheet named "Names" in your workbook?

Upvote 0
It seems to work just fine for me.

Do you have any merged or protected cells in the workbook
Or perhaps any errors in your data?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back