Subtotal copy down data

jlang11

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I did search but didnt really find what I am looking for. I have a sheet that I am writing several macros for. I am subtotaling the sheet, and need to fill in the empty cells from above in columns A and B down to the empty "Total" line. Ultimately I will be deleting any rows where the word Total does not appear in column C as I just need the total line for a pivot table. Attached is a sample but it will be much longer. sorry I cannot download the XL2BB :(

Attachments

• sample.png
    sample.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
What version of excel are you using? (Please update your profile with your version. This will help the forum give you the best solution - as well as not waste anyone's time.)

Do you require a VBA solution? Can you use formulas on a different worksheet or area of your workbook?

What do you want to fill in the blank cells? You can Select columns A and B, press F5, Find Special Cells, Find Blanks, Click OK, don't click any where, but type your formula you want in each cell If it is a consistent value and press Cntrl Enter. And it will populate those blank cells.

Upvote 0
What version of excel are you using? (Please update your profile with your version. This will help the forum give you the best solution - as well as not waste anyone's time.)

Do you require a VBA solution? Can you use formulas on a different worksheet or area of your workbook?

What do you want to fill in the blank cells? You can Select columns A and B, press F5, Find Special Cells, Find Blanks, Click OK, don't click any where, but type your formula you want in each cell If it is a consistent value and press Cntrl Enter. And it will populate those blank cells.
Thank you! (Version 365) I prefer VBA because as mentioned I am incorporating this macro with several others to format the report into the final product to save myself and others time. I am already moving columns right, deleting unneeded columns, formatting, subtotaling, then this code will be there, deleting rows without the word "Total" and then a pivot table.

I would like to fill the blank cells in A and B with the data above. A3:B3 should contain what is in A2:B2. A5:B5 with the contents of A4:B4. When there are more than 1 row of data as in rows 5 and 6, the data is the same so copy down row 7 to row 8.

Im just drawing a blank with this one as its been a long day.

Upvote 0
Well, record a macro with the F5 procedure I outline above and you can edit it to be redundant.
I'm not a VBA guru at all.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back