Subtotals

grahamcatto

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have inserted subtotals into a list of data by using subtotal function from the Data toolbar in Excel 2019.
The resulting subtotals are not showing any "buttons" to filter the data to the various levels of subtotalling, only the subtotals after the various data splits.
There is only one level of subtotal and the data is from a csv file that represents 11 columns and 631 rows of data (sorted by the 2nd column, the subtotals are based on the 1st column of data)
1708310821538.png

I have removed and reinserted the subtotals several times but am still unable to see any filter buttons.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Graham

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
We can't see the relevant part of your screen, but after you subtotal, don't you have icons like this on the left to hide/show sections/levels?

1708314023263.png

Upvote 0
We can't see the relevant part of your screen, but after you subtotal, don't you have icons like this on the left to hide/show sections/levels?

View attachment 107062
That is what my problem is. They are not showing on my worksheet no matter what I do. Never had this happen to me before and I have been using Excel since the 90s. I have just changed employer and using a new Dell laptop with a fresh installation of Excel 2019.

Upvote 0
OK, try pressing Ctrl+8 on the keyboard

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks Peter, That worked great. All good now.
You're welcome. Thanks for the confirmation. :)

Hopefully when our IT Manager returns from leave tomorrow I will be able to instal XL2BB for future issues.
Good luck with IT! 😎
It would certainly help if you can get it. If not, in future posts say that you are unable to install XL2BB due to work restrictions. That way people won't keep asking you to do it. ;)

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Thanks for the confirmation. :)

Good luck with IT! 😎
It would certainly help if you can get it. If not, in future posts say that you are unable to install XL2BB due to work restrictions. That way people won't keep asking you to do it. ;)
I'm going to instal XL2BB on my personal laptop so if need be I'll generate the query from there.

Upvote 0
I'm going to instal XL2BB on my personal laptop so if need be I'll generate the query from there.
Good plan. (y)

BTW, please mark the actual post that answered your question, to help future readers. You have marked a post as the solution that clearly does not contain one. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Peter, That worked great.
As mentioned in my last post ..
please mark the actual post that answered your question, to help future readers. You have marked a post as the solution that clearly does not contain one.
You originally had post #6 marked as the solution, now you have post #5 marked as the solution. Neither are, so I have now changed the marked post.
No further action is required for this thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back