Suggestions Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hello,
I have two pages, one page has ID number and Last name first name and other info. What I need to do on the second page is type in the ID number and have the personal information populate in the next three cells. Is this possible? What would you suggest is the least complicated way for this happen?
Thanks for the help, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas
Brown

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
IMO, the easiest way is to create two tables. Bring them into Power Query and merge the two (left outer join). If you need example, then post some data using XL2BB. No pictures please.

Upvote 0
What I need to do on the second page is type in the ID number and have the personal information populate in the next three cells.

Can't you just use VLOOKUP? If you can post a sample of the workbook like Alan suggests it would be really useful to providing you with a solution.

Upvote 0
What was wrong with the suggestions offered on your other thread ??

Upvote 0
1 -I have tried to down load the XL2BB add in and due to this being my work computer I do not have the admin rights to complete that download.

2 - I tried to use the information given on the other thread and I was unable to get it to function properly. I was hoping there might be another option that is why I posted this new thread.

I am sure there is something fairly simple I am misunderstanding, but not being well versed in VLOOKUP I am at a loss. I have looked at several tutorials and read a few things about it but something is not clicking.

apologies

Brown

Upvote 0
Did you look at mine ??
Keep in mind that I have used Sheet1 as an example sheet name only....If your is different change accordingly.

Upvote 0
Did you look at mine ??
Keep in mind that I have used Sheet1 as an example sheet name only....If your is different change accordingly.
Yes, I have. I will go back and look at it again. I will try again in the morning with fresh eyes. I do appreciate the assistance.
Brown

Upvote 0
This is my first sheet containing the personal info
Student IDFirst NameLast NameGrade Level
1049384​
BillSmith
12​
1055550​
Jim Black
12​
1062231​
BobSmalls
12​
1063728​
SusyQue
12​
1065545​
Tom Jerry
12​
1066206​
Sarah Connor
12​

this is the second page of the workbook where i need the information to go when i type in the CCID
#CCIDFIRST NAMELAST NAMEGrade Level

i was able to get some help to download the add in.

Thanks again
Brown

Upvote 0
So if the sheet containing the personal info is called Sheet1 and the details are across columns A to D you can use the following formulas in the second page in the cells mentioned (assumes the ID is in Col. B of the second sheet):

Cell C2: =VLOOKUP($B2,Sheet1!$A:$D,2,FALSE)
Cell D2: =VLOOKUP($B2,Sheet1!$A:$D,3,FALSE)
Cell E2: =VLOOKUP($B2,Sheet1!$A:$D,4,FALSE)

Upvote 0
Duplicate to: VLOOKUP rookie question

In future, please do not post the same question multiple times. Per Forum Rules (#12), posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted.

In relation to your question here, I have closed this thread so please continue in the linked thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytux

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back