Sum all only once with column containing potential duplicates

helpmeplz_

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have 7 columns that I have "automated," but now they don't like the automation because the dataset must be sorted a to z to function. Can you help me re-automate these functions so the data doesn't need to be sorted a to z?

Excel Formula:
=IF($A4=$A5,"",SUMIFS($I:$I,$A:$A,$A4))
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(IF($A4=$A5,"",SUMIFS($N:$N,$A:$A,$A4))+IF($A4=$A5,"",SUMIFS($P:$P,$A:$A,$A4)),"")
Excel Formula:
=IF($A4=$A5,"",SUMPRODUCT(($A$4:$A$1000=$A4)*($B$4:$B$1000)*$K$4:$K$1000)/$L4)

Column A is just data that was originally sorted a to z to automate, starting at A4 but would now be unsorted. Trying to not double count data because it's based on column A and column A will now not be sorted.

Column A
A4 Amazon
A5 Amazon
A6 Best Buy
A7 Amazon
A8 Best Buy
A9 Target
A10 Amazon

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Update your current Excel Version and platform in your profile to think of a solution that suits your version of Excel.

Also, post some (real) sample data using XL2BB to understand the whole scenario.

You can use links to both down here 👇 in my signatures for quick access.

Upvote 0
I updated it, it's 365 and I have power query and power pivot. I am on Windows. I am trying to add the XL2BB, but having an issue right now because I need admin access from my company

Upvote 0
I am trying to add the XL2BB, but having an issue right now because I need admin access from my company
Yes that can an issue at times

Can you share a screenshot to understand the scenario - That shall be helpful

Upvote 0
Here is an example. Checking your formula for the sumifs to see if that resolves, just leaving open the sumproduct

Attachments

• Example Data.JPG
    Example Data.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
It looks like it's working! I am now testing and updating all the formulas which are similar.

Can you help with the sumproduct or do I need to just enter IF(Countifs($A$4:$A4,$A4)>1,"",SUMPRODUCT(($A$4:$A$1000=$A4)*($B$4:$B$1000)*$K$4:$K$1000)/$L4)

Upvote 0
I am having trouble with this one. I tried using two of your functions and/or combining them into the sumifs as one, but it's not working. I got a #Value and #Spill

=IFERROR(IF($A5=$A6,"",SUMIFS($N:$N,$A:$A,$A5))+IF($A5=$A6,"",SUMIFS($P:$P,$A:$A,$A5)),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back