Sum - Multiple Criteria

Spoon2322

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

How do I get the values in col H, I & J from table A into the table below Col J, by Project header, Project Activity code and Period Number please? I think it is some form of sumifs statement, but nothing I do is working. Hoping someone can advise please. Thank you so much in advance! Suzanne

1611077284807.png

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Maybe
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(INDEX($I$7:$K$12,0,MATCH($H17,$I$6:$K$6,0),$G$7:$G$12,$D16,$H$7:$H$12,$G16)
Note that I haven't included the year in the criteria.

Upvote 0
Maybe
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(INDEX($I$7:$K$12,0,MATCH($H17,$I$6:$K$6,0),$G$7:$G$12,$D16,$H$7:$H$12,$G16)
Note that I haven't included the year in the criteria.
Thank you Jason for responding. I will have to account for the change in financial year also. My budget goes all the way out to 2037. I must admit to being frustrated, I thought I was ok with excel, but this has really got me flumoxed!

Upvote 0
I will have to account for the change in financial year also.
If that needs to be included then you will either need to change the years in one of the tables so that they are consistent in format (i.e. change the year in the bottom table to 2020/21 or the top table to 2020), or we will need to specify in the formula where the fiscal year changes over in order to avoid any potential errors.

Noting that if using the latter option, the formula will be more complex (less efficient) and that it would be open to interpretation if it is not just you filling out the sheet.

Also, please update your profile by clicking your user name at the top right of the page, then going to 'Account Details' and choose the version of excel and platform that you are using from the options that are available so that we know which functions / features can be used in the answer. If you use multiple versions please select the oldest one that you need to use it with. After ticking the boxes you will need to scroll to the bottom and save the changes.

Upvote 0
If that needs to be included then you will either need to change the years in one of the tables so that they are consistent in format (i.e. change the year in the bottom table to 2020/21 or the top table to 2020), or we will need to specify in the formula where the fiscal year changes over in order to avoid any potential errors.

Noting that if using the latter option, the formula will be more complex (less efficient) and that it would be open to interpretation if it is not just you filling out the sheet.

Also, please update your profile by clicking your user name at the top right of the page, then going to 'Account Details' and choose the version of excel and platform that you are using from the options that are available so that we know which functions / features can be used in the answer. If you use multiple versions please select the oldest one that you need to use it with. After ticking the boxes you will need to scroll to the bottom and save the changes.
Will do - thanks Jason

Upvote 0
I notice that you updated your profile with platform, but you missed the excel version :oops:

Once you decide which option you want to use in respect of changing the year format for one of the tables, I'll be able to update the formula for you.
They will both be quite different from the current one, but one more so than the other.

Upvote 0

Hi Jason,

I have change the cols in Tab 2 to reflect the correct formats now. Are you able to continue to assist please? I appreciate your time.

Apologies I cannot download the Add in to convert as I am on a works laptop and I am not allowed.

1611140380801.png

Many thanks

Suzanne

Upvote 0
I notice that you updated your profile with platform, but you missed the excel version :oops:

Once you decide which option you want to use in respect of changing the year format for one of the tables, I'll be able to update the formula for you.
They will both be quite different from the current one, but one more so than the other.
Done! 2019 - and thank you ?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the additional info.

This should do what you need, although you might have to add some more criteria pairs to the end of SUMIFS if needed, I missed the Job Number column previously so assume that it will also be required as a criteria. I've added that one to the formula but may have missed others if the headers are named differently.

This should work with the layout of your second screen capture, although as you were not able to use the add-in to post live data I have not tested it on anything.
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(INDEX($I$7:$L$14,0,MATCH(2,1/($H20=$I$6:$L$6)/($I20=$I$4:$L$4)),$G$7:$G$14,$D20,$H$7:$H$14,$G20,$E$7:$E$14,$C20)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the additional info.

This should do what you need, although you might have to add some more criteria pairs to the end of SUMIFS if needed, I missed the Job Number column previously so assume that it will also be required as a criteria. I've added that one to the formula but may have missed others if the headers are named differently.

This should work with the layout of your second screen capture, although as you were not able to use the add-in to post live data I have not tested it on anything.
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(INDEX($I$7:$L$14,0,MATCH(2,1/($H20=$I$6:$L$6)/($I20=$I$4:$L$4)),$G$7:$G$14,$D20,$H$7:$H$14,$G20,$E$7:$E$14,$C20)
Thanks Jason - i will give this a go. If i have any questions, do you mind if i come back to you? I appreciate your time is valuable. Suzanne

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back