SUMIF, SUMIFS AND, OR?? Formula assistance please

Billion

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good afternoon All, I am struggling with creating a formula and can not seem to find the help I need. I usually come to this site for help from the forum as a guest but this time I am stuck. I am using a SUMIF formula as follows
=SUMIF($B$4:$B$54,"BUK15526",$Q$4:Q$79) to total a sale.
However, I have a customer that I need to apply discount to if a line item of an order is above a certain value, lets say 5% if equal to or greater than £1000.00 and then 10% if equal to or greater than £5000. The closest I have got is the below but is not right.

=SUMIF($B$4:$B$54,"BUK15528",$Q$4:$Q$79)*AND($D$4:$D$100="CUSTOMER NAME")*AND($Q$4:$Q$100>=1000)*0.95*OR($Q$4:$Q$100>=5000)*0.9

Please not this is customer specific so I require the formula to still work for all other customers as the first formula does.

Thank you in advance for assisting with correcting this.

Hi Joe4 that is ,Excellent. Your help is very much appreciated. I do not think I would have got there without it.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
You are welcome.
Glad I was able to help!
:)

Upvote 0
Good afternoon,

I am back again. I have been using the formula and only just discovered a fault with it that I can not rectify.
The problem is $B$4:$B$79 is looking at a reference number, eg BUK1234 that could be the same in B35. In the below formula if B35 meets the criteria it discounts the amount in P36.
My question is how can I set the formula so it looks at the row the formula is set in rather than the ref number. I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any help

=SUM($M36*$P36)*IF(SUMIFS($P$4:$P$79,$B$4:$B$79,$B36,$D$4:$D$79,"CUSTOMER NAME")>=5000,0.9,IF(SUMIFS($P$4:$P$79,$B$4:$B$79,$B36,$D$4:$D$79,"CUSTOMER NAME")>=1000,0.95,1))

Upvote 0
My question is how can I set the formula so it looks at the row the formula is set in rather than the ref number. I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any help
I do not understand what you are saying. I think an image would be most helpful here.

I know that you said that you are unable to download the XL2BB program, but you should still be able to post images.
If you could post an image, and explain that example in more detail, perhaps that will clarify it for me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taner zz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back